Giants including CBS, Discovery, Disney, and News Corp are poised to hit one-year highs today on Wall Street, benefiting both from the improving economy — and developments within media. RBC Capital Markets analyst David Bank tells CNBC that this is “a golden time” for the industry, although he adds that the amount of stock repurchases is “staggering.”
Big Media Stocks Could Hit 52-Week Highs In Industry's “Golden Time”: Video
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Lieberman
- North Korea “Responsible” For Sony Hack, FBI Confirms
- Paramount Cancels 'Team America' Showings, Theaters Say
- Movie Theater Stocks Rebound After Chains Jettison 'The Interview'
- Lionsgate Sought Deal Talks With Sony Hacked Emails Reveal
- 'The Interview' NYC Premiere Canceled
- Barry Meyer Named To Federal Reserve Bank's Board In San Francisco