EXCLUSIVE: Ben Rappaport, the star of NBC’s comedy series Outsourced, has been tapped as the lead of another comedy series project, ABC’s pilot Awesometown (formerly Dusty Goes To Awesometown and untitled Adam Sztykiel). The comedy pilot, from writer/executive producer Sztykiel and 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a raw, hilarious peek behind the curtain of modern twentysomething relationships. It centers on Dusty (Rappaport), a twentysomething guy who had been with the same woman, now his wife, since 8th grade. After he catches her cheating, he gets a divorce and, still a total mess in the aftermath, moves into an apartment shared by his co-worker Andrew (Nick Kocher) and roommate Oliver (James Earl III). Rappaport is with Gersh and Invictus Entertainment.
Ben Rappaport Lands Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Awesometown'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
Latest TV News
- Abrams Artists Agency Ups Jade Sherman To VP On Digital Team
- ‘Arrested Development’s Jessica Walter Alleges Jeffrey Tambor Verbally Harassed Her
- Mark Wahlberg, Stephen Levinson & Archie Gips’ Unrealistic Ideas Taps Jonty Nash As Head Of Development
- ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate’s Claim That Network Didn’t Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer…
- John Malkovich To Play Hercule Poirot In ‘The ABC Murders’ For BBC One
- Former ‘Bachelorette’ Star Claims She Was Sexually Assaulted By Show’s Masseuse