EXCLUSIVE: Ben Rappaport, the star of NBC’s comedy series Outsourced, has been tapped as the lead of another comedy series project, ABC’s pilot Awesometown (formerly Dusty Goes To Awesometown and untitled Adam Sztykiel). The comedy pilot, from writer/executive producer Sztykiel and 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a raw, hilarious peek behind the curtain of modern twentysomething relationships. It centers on Dusty (Rappaport), a twentysomething guy who had been with the same woman, now his wife, since 8th grade. After he catches her cheating, he gets a divorce and, still a total mess in the aftermath, moves into an apartment shared by his co-worker Andrew (Nick Kocher) and roommate Oliver (James Earl III). Rappaport is with Gersh and Invictus Entertainment.
Ben Rappaport Lands Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Awesometown'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
Latest TV News
- ProSiebenSat.1 Hunts CEO; EuropaCorp Sells French TV Unit; ‘Falco’ Remade In Lat Am; Time Scores UK Show…
- Amazon Prime Takes French Thriller ‘Black Spot’ In Global Streaming Deal
- Ridley Scott’s ‘The Terror’ Goes Global After Amazon Strikes Output Deal with AMC Studios
- Entertainment One’s Carrie Stein Joins Kew Media Group To Bolster Drama Slate
- Tig Notaro On Louis C.K. Scandal: The Only Positive Is “Victims Were Not Told They’re Lying”
- Charles Manson: Finally, Death Gets One Right