EXCLUSIVE: Ben Rappaport, the star of NBC’s comedy series Outsourced, has been tapped as the lead of another comedy series project, ABC’s pilot Awesometown (formerly Dusty Goes To Awesometown and untitled Adam Sztykiel). The comedy pilot, from writer/executive producer Sztykiel and 20th Century Fox TV, is described as a raw, hilarious peek behind the curtain of modern twentysomething relationships. It centers on Dusty (Rappaport), a twentysomething guy who had been with the same woman, now his wife, since 8th grade. After he catches her cheating, he gets a divorce and, still a total mess in the aftermath, moves into an apartment shared by his co-worker Andrew (Nick Kocher) and roommate Oliver (James Earl III). Rappaport is with Gersh and Invictus Entertainment.
Ben Rappaport Lands Lead In ABC Comedy Pilot 'Awesometown'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Continues To Make B.O. History: $195M+ Opening Beats 'Ultron' & 4-Day Eyeing $225M+: Sunday Final
Latest TV News
- Winter Olympics: NBC Adds Adam Rippon, But Struggles With Broadcast Gaffes
- Olympics Ratings Fall To 2018 Low On 2nd Saturday; Steady With Sochi 2014
- LeBron James Speaks Out On “Shut Up And Dribble” Comments
- Channel 4 Dates Weinstein Scandal Doc
- ASC Awards: ‘Blade Runner 2049’ Wins For Theatrical, 'The Crown' Tops TV — Complete Winners List
- Skier Lindsey Vonn Trolled For Super-G Loss, But Finds Defender In ESPN’s Foudy