Ben Affleck‘s reps have been cagey about this one for the past month because he’s in the middle of so many acting and directing possibilities. But Warner Bros confirms Affleck is now in talks to replace Tom Cruise in the Dan Fogelman-scripted Nathan Decker, about a disgraced politician whose career is undone by an affair and who comes home to confront his own past. Despite the confirmation, I’m told reliably that Affleck won’t make a deal until he sees a rewrite that will determine whether or not he’ll star in the film.
Ben Affleck Circling 'Nathan Decker'?
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?
- Marc Forster Sets Blake Lively, Jason Clarke For ‘All I See Is You’
- SPWA’s Faith Division AFFIRM Acquires ‘The Devil In Pew Number Seven’
- Samuel Goldwyn Acquires N.A. Rights On Viola Davis-Jennifer Lopez Pic ‘Lila And Eve’