Ben Affleck‘s reps have been cagey about this one for the past month because he’s in the middle of so many acting and directing possibilities. But Warner Bros confirms Affleck is now in talks to replace Tom Cruise in the Dan Fogelman-scripted Nathan Decker, about a disgraced politician whose career is undone by an affair and who comes home to confront his own past. Despite the confirmation, I’m told reliably that Affleck won’t make a deal until he sees a rewrite that will determine whether or not he’ll star in the film.
Ben Affleck Circling 'Nathan Decker'?
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'The Shape Of Water' Wins Outstanding Producer; 'Handmaid's Tale', 'Mrs. Maisel' Tops In TV - Full Winners List
'SNL' Highlights: Stormy Does Update, Robert Mueller Bursts At Seams, Jessica Chastain Hosts Anti-Trump Game Show
January Slows As 'Jumanji' Takes No. 1 For 3rd Weekend With $19M To $20M; Older Guy Pics '12 Strong' & 'Den Of Thieves' In Mid-Teens
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest Film News
- Jim Hosking Takes On The Romantic Comedy Through ‘An Evening With Beverly Luff Linn’ — Sundance Studio
- ‘Monster’: Watch Deadline's Sundance Series Panel Livestream
- Burning Out On Stand-Up, Bo Burnham Turns To New Form Of Expression With ‘Eighth Grade’ — Sundance Studio
- Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg Tells Sundance She’s Not Worried About #MeToo Backlash
- ‘Private Life’ Breakout Star Kayli Carter Wants To Surround Herself With Women In Creative Spaces — Sundance…
- Jason Blum’s Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: “Don't Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release”…