Actor-comedian Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) is following in the footsteps of Louis C.K., bypassing cable networks to release his latest stand up special Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious online. The 60-minute special, directed by longtime collaborator Jason Woliner, was filmed last year at The Warner Theatre in Washington DC as part of Ansari’s Dangerously Delicious tour. It will be available for download or stream for $5, the same fee Louis C.K. charged for for his special, which raked in $1 million in the first two weeks alone. Ansari also announced that he is going on a new theatre tour, Buried Alive, this spring.
Aziz Ansari To Self-Distribute His Comedy Special Online
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Jeffrey Tambor Exits ‘Transparent’ After Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Bored To Death’ Movie: Creator Jonathan Ames Has Two Drafts Written
- Sean Hannity Tweet-Shouts At Brian Stelter, Who’s Blocked By Bartiromo
- HBO ‘Night Of Too Many Stars’ Sees Host Jon Stewart Spar With Stephen Colbert
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Steady With Host Chance The Rapper & Eminem