Actor-comedian Aziz Ansari (Parks and Recreation) is following in the footsteps of Louis C.K., bypassing cable networks to release his latest stand up special Aziz Ansari: Dangerously Delicious online. The 60-minute special, directed by longtime collaborator Jason Woliner, was filmed last year at The Warner Theatre in Washington DC as part of Ansari’s Dangerously Delicious tour. It will be available for download or stream for $5, the same fee Louis C.K. charged for for his special, which raked in $1 million in the first two weeks alone. Ansari also announced that he is going on a new theatre tour, Buried Alive, this spring.
Aziz Ansari To Self-Distribute His Comedy Special Online
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $62.7M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.7M; 'X-Men' Cumes $183.4M - Int'l Box Office Final
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- WGA West Pencils In $4 Million Surplus For Fiscal 2016
- ‘Roots’ Opens With Cable’s Biggest Overall Miniseries Audience In 3 Years
- ‘Legion’: FX Picks Up Marvel’s X-Men Pilot Starring Dan Stevens To Series
- ‘Team Ninja Warrior’ Renewed By Esquire; BBC America Sets ‘Dirk Gently’ Premiere Date, Projects With Amy Poehler, More…
- ‘Biggest Loser’ Being Investigated By L.A. Sheriff For On-Set Drug Use
- Euro 2016: Will French Strikes & Fuel Shortages Be A Boon For Broadcasters?