Angela Bassett and Nip/Tuck alum Julian McMahon are in final negotiations to co-star in Fox’s untitled Karyn Usher drama pilot. Written by Usher and directed by Brett Ratner, the project centers on Jane Forsythe (Saxon Sharbino), the orphaned 14-year-old daughter of a CIA operative who encounters a mysterious rogue agent (McMahon) who serves as her surrogate father and professional mentor in the spy world. Bassett will play the calculating and political director of the CIA who takes Jane under her wing. Bassett, repped by Gersh and Lighthouse Entertainment, just finished a critically praised run on Broadway in The Mountaintop opposite Samuel L. Jackson. For McMahon, repped by WME and ROAR, this is the first TV role since his seven-year stint on FX’s Nip/Tuck. The Karyn Usher pilot is produced by 20th Century Fox TV and 21 Laps/Adelstein.
Angela Bassett & Julian McMahon To Co-Star In Fox's Karyn Usher Spy Pilot
Trending Now on Deadline
Oscar Watch: From Aniston To Bening To Rowlands Best Actress Dark Horses Make Their Move In "Thin" Field
More From Andreeva
- 'Constantine' To Stop Production After 13 Episodes, Remains In Contention At NBC
- Katy Perry Officially Announced As Super Bowl Halftime Show Headliner – Video
- Lenora Crichlow & Spencer Grammer Join 'Mr. Robinson' On NBC
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'