EXCLUSIVE: Hellcats star Aly Michalka has departed Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Rebounding after her character has been reworked post-table read. The 20th TV project, written/executive produced by Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, executive produced by Steve Levitan and directed by Jason Winer, is an uplifting comedy about Danny (Will Forte), a man recovering from the death of his fiancé with the help of the idiots on his pickup basketball team. Michalka was cast as Taryn, the smoking-hot younger girlfriend of one of Danny’s friends, Dave, played by Hayes MacArthur. The Taryn character has now been reconceived, with the revamp including aging her up by a decade to Dave’s age. This is the third comedy pilot where recasting was done when characters were reworked after the table read, following similar moves on CBS’ Partners and ABC’s Mandy Moore project.
Aly Michalka Exits Fox Comedy Pilot 'Rebounding' As Role Is Reconceived
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future