EXCLUSIVE: Hellcats star Aly Michalka has departed Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Rebounding after her character has been reworked post-table read. The 20th TV project, written/executive produced by Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, executive produced by Steve Levitan and directed by Jason Winer, is an uplifting comedy about Danny (Will Forte), a man recovering from the death of his fiancé with the help of the idiots on his pickup basketball team. Michalka was cast as Taryn, the smoking-hot younger girlfriend of one of Danny’s friends, Dave, played by Hayes MacArthur. The Taryn character has now been reconceived, with the revamp including aging her up by a decade to Dave’s age. This is the third comedy pilot where recasting was done when characters were reworked after the table read, following similar moves on CBS’ Partners and ABC’s Mandy Moore project.
Aly Michalka Exits Fox Comedy Pilot 'Rebounding' As Role Is Reconceived
What's Hot on Deadline
Keaton Jones Facebook Video Gone After Mom's Confederate Flag Photos Surface: Is Hollywood Still "KeatonStrong"?
Donald Trump Tweets Sen. Gillibrand Offered To "Do Anything" When "Begging" For Campaign Contributions
Latest TV News
- ‘Black Lightning’: CW Series’ Key Art Unveiled
- ‘Homeland’ Season 7 Trailer: Carrie Is Back In D.C. To Take On The Keane Administration
- BET & Viacom Settle Discrimination Suit With Ex-Original Programming Head
- Patriots Lose But ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Rise, ‘Better Late Than Never’ Off In Return But Improves On ‘The Brave…
- ‘Unsolved’: Amirah Vann Set To Recur In USA's Tupac Shakur Biggie Smalls Series
- African American Film Critics All In With ‘Get Out’