EXCLUSIVE: Hellcats star Aly Michalka has departed Fox’s single-camera comedy pilot Rebounding after her character has been reworked post-table read. The 20th TV project, written/executive produced by Joe Port and Joe Wiseman, executive produced by Steve Levitan and directed by Jason Winer, is an uplifting comedy about Danny (Will Forte), a man recovering from the death of his fiancé with the help of the idiots on his pickup basketball team. Michalka was cast as Taryn, the smoking-hot younger girlfriend of one of Danny’s friends, Dave, played by Hayes MacArthur. The Taryn character has now been reconceived, with the revamp including aging her up by a decade to Dave’s age. This is the third comedy pilot where recasting was done when characters were reworked after the table read, following similar moves on CBS’ Partners and ABC’s Mandy Moore project.
Aly Michalka Exits Fox Comedy Pilot 'Rebounding' As Role Is Reconceived
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets British Comic Tommy Maitland As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Adds Rekha Sharma, Kenneth Mitchell & More To Cast