Al Jazeera Media Network has appointed former Reed Midem and Endemol executive Paul Johnson as executive director marketing and distribution. The company said Johnson will oversee the expansion of Al Jazeera’s global footprint and brand, working closely with all Al Jazeera executive directors and offices worldwide to initiate and manage all communication and distribution relationships with broadcast partners. Johnson’s portfolio will include all the company’s global marketing activities including event management and international partnerships. Most recently Johnson served on the executive board and was CMO at Endemol Group. He also was director of MIP markets in Cannes for Reed Midem. During his tenure at Reed Midem, the company’s TV business grew nearly 100%, according to Al Jazeera’s announcement. Paul will be based in Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, reporting to director general Ahmed Bin Jassim Al Thani.
Al Jazeera Hires Former Endemol, Reed Midem Exec Paul Johnson
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
'The Royals' Female Cast & Crew Members Speak Out, Accuse Showrunner Mark Schwahn Of Sexual Harassment
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- ‘Transparent’ Writer Says Jeffrey Tambor Accusers Told “Their Truth” & Series Should Not “Be Taken Down” By…
- ‘Doctor Who’ Sneak Peek: Peter Capaldi Makes Final Appearance In Special
- FX To Develop ‘Highway 59’ Crime Drama Series Based On Attica Locke’s Book ‘Bluebird, Bluebird’
- Deadline’s Podcast New Hollywood: Race-Specific Characters & ‘The 15:17 To Paris’ With Sinqua Walls
- NBC Buys Comedy From Joe Port, Joe Wiseman & Kapital Entertainment
- Jenji Kohan Inks Overall Deal With Netflix