Al Jazeera Media Network has appointed former Reed Midem and Endemol executive Paul Johnson as executive director marketing and distribution. The company said Johnson will oversee the expansion of Al Jazeera’s global footprint and brand, working closely with all Al Jazeera executive directors and offices worldwide to initiate and manage all communication and distribution relationships with broadcast partners. Johnson’s portfolio will include all the company’s global marketing activities including event management and international partnerships. Most recently Johnson served on the executive board and was CMO at Endemol Group. He also was director of MIP markets in Cannes for Reed Midem. During his tenure at Reed Midem, the company’s TV business grew nearly 100%, according to Al Jazeera’s announcement. Paul will be based in Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, reporting to director general Ahmed Bin Jassim Al Thani.
Al Jazeera Hires Former Endemol, Reed Midem Exec Paul Johnson
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- Ben Silverman & Howard T. Owens’ Propagate Launches International Distribution Unit Headed By Cyrus Farrokh
- Donald Trump Trying To De-legitimize CNN, Jake Tapper Tells Seth Meyers
- Judd Apatow On Why He Won’t Do A Broadcast Show, ‘Freaks & Geeks’ Reboot
- ‘Tower’ Survivors Embrace Animation Approach, Director Keith Maitland Says – TCA
- ‘Furniss’ Drama From Kyle Killen & Macon Blair In Series Consideration At AMC
- CNN Defends Jim Acosta Again As Trump Press Conference Fallout Continues