Al Jazeera Media Network has appointed former Reed Midem and Endemol executive Paul Johnson as executive director marketing and distribution. The company said Johnson will oversee the expansion of Al Jazeera’s global footprint and brand, working closely with all Al Jazeera executive directors and offices worldwide to initiate and manage all communication and distribution relationships with broadcast partners. Johnson’s portfolio will include all the company’s global marketing activities including event management and international partnerships. Most recently Johnson served on the executive board and was CMO at Endemol Group. He also was director of MIP markets in Cannes for Reed Midem. During his tenure at Reed Midem, the company’s TV business grew nearly 100%, according to Al Jazeera’s announcement. Paul will be based in Al Jazeera’s headquarters in Doha, reporting to director general Ahmed Bin Jassim Al Thani.
Al Jazeera Hires Former Endemol, Reed Midem Exec Paul Johnson
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
SAG Awards Analysis: 'Three Billboards' Rebounds From PGA Loss, But Oscar Race Still Too Close To Call; NBC's 'This Is Us' Shakes Things Up On TV Side
Jason Blum's Advice To Burgeoning Producers At Sundance: "Don’t Worry About Your Movie Getting A Theatrical Release"
White House Correspondent April Ryan Tells CNN News Organizations Have Police "On Speed Dial" For Death Threats
Latest TV News
- Starz Pays $5M License Fee For Participant Media Series ‘America To Me’ By ‘Hoop Dreams’ Steve…
- Senate Reaches Deal To End Government Shutdown On Day 3
- ‘Snowpiercer’ Showrunner Josh Friedman Exits TNT Series
- Sony Launches Free-To-Air Crime Channel In The UK
- ‘Big Little Lies’ Gets Biggest Bump In Consumer Demand Post-Golden Globes
- Megyn Kelly Plays “Hanoi Jane” Card In Feud With Jane Fonda Over Plastic Surgery Question