Organizers the American Film Institute announced today that AFI Fest 2012 Presented By Audi is set for November 1-8 at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres at the Hollywood & Highland Center, the Egyptian Theatre of the American Cinematheque and the Hollywood Roosevelt. Submissions are now open for narrative, documentary, experimental, animated and short films, with the feature-length film deadline August 10 and the shorts deadline July 27. This past year, the festival — set in the heart of awards season — opened with the world premiere of Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar and closed with the North American bow of Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures Of Tintin.
AFI Fest 2012 Sets Dates: Nov. 1-8
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks
- ‘Incredibles 2’ Teaser: Little Jack-Jack Shows Off His Baby Superpower
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M+ Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened
- ‘Justice League’ Rises To $70.7M Through Friday At International Box Office
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks