Organizers the American Film Institute announced today that AFI Fest 2012 Presented By Audi is set for November 1-8 at Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, the Chinese 6 Theatres at the Hollywood & Highland Center, the Egyptian Theatre of the American Cinematheque and the Hollywood Roosevelt. Submissions are now open for narrative, documentary, experimental, animated and short films, with the feature-length film deadline August 10 and the shorts deadline July 27. This past year, the festival — set in the heart of awards season — opened with the world premiere of Clint Eastwood’s J. Edgar and closed with the North American bow of Steven Spielberg’s The Adventures Of Tintin.
AFI Fest 2012 Sets Dates: Nov. 1-8
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate
- 'NCIS' Security Guard's Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'