Andrew Dosunmu’s Sundance 2011 feature Restless City is the story of African immigrants living on New York City’s fringes. African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) plans an April 27th theatrical release; the film is the company’s fourth feature, joining I Will Follow, Kinyarwanda and Middle Of Nowhere. Eugene Gussenhoven wrote the Restless screenplay, and Katie Mustard and Matthew Parker produced with Audra Alexxi Jones, Munu Elifituri, David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa. The deal was negotiated for AFFRM by Gordon Bobb of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka Finkelstein and Lezcano with Ronna Wallace of Eastgate on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFFRM Takes Sundance's 'Restless City' for U.S.
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: James Cameron Dives Into 'Deepsea Challenge 3D'
- 'Calvary' Prayers Answered At Specialty Box Office As 'A Most Wanted Man' Still Wanted In Expansion
- Specialty B.O. Office Preview: 'Calvary', 'Rich Hill', 'Child Of God', 'The Strange Little Cat'