Andrew Dosunmu’s Sundance 2011 feature Restless City is the story of African immigrants living on New York City’s fringes. African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) plans an April 27th theatrical release; the film is the company’s fourth feature, joining I Will Follow, Kinyarwanda and Middle Of Nowhere. Eugene Gussenhoven wrote the Restless screenplay, and Katie Mustard and Matthew Parker produced with Audra Alexxi Jones, Munu Elifituri, David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa. The deal was negotiated for AFFRM by Gordon Bobb of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka Finkelstein and Lezcano with Ronna Wallace of Eastgate on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFFRM Takes Sundance's 'Restless City' for U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Natalie Portman, Nicholas Hoult & Thandie Newton Board Xavier Dolan's 'The Death And Life Of John F. Donovan' - Berlin
Latest Film News
- YouTube Red Unveils New Projects As Service Goes Live
- Paddy Considine And Producer Diarmid Scrimshaw Re-Teaming On ‘Journeyman’, StudioCanal To Release in UK- Berlin
- Lionsgate UK Acquires Luc Besson’s Sci-Fi Epic ‘Valerian’- Berlin
- Oscar Bait Fassbender-Vikander Film ‘The Light Between Oceans’ Dated For Next Awards Season
- Johnny Depp To Star In ‘The Invisible Man’ At Universal
- ‘Fast 8’ Will Ride With A New Female Villain