Andrew Dosunmu’s Sundance 2011 feature Restless City is the story of African immigrants living on New York City’s fringes. African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) plans an April 27th theatrical release; the film is the company’s fourth feature, joining I Will Follow, Kinyarwanda and Middle Of Nowhere. Eugene Gussenhoven wrote the Restless screenplay, and Katie Mustard and Matthew Parker produced with Audra Alexxi Jones, Munu Elifituri, David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa. The deal was negotiated for AFFRM by Gordon Bobb of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka Finkelstein and Lezcano with Ronna Wallace of Eastgate on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFFRM Takes Sundance's 'Restless City' for U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Dan Aykroyd, Griffin Dunne Remember Carrie & Debbie, “Beloved Showboats”
- Watch Public Memorial For Debbie Reynolds & Carrie Fisher Livestreamed Here – Update
- Richard A. Roth Dies: ‘Summer Of ’42’ Producer Was 76
- ‘Spider-Man: Homecoming’ Posters: Tom Holland Slings Through New York
- ‘Queen of the Desert’ Trailer: Nicole Kidman Defies An Empire
- ‘Justice League’ Official Trailer Is Here, Minus A Red Cape