Andrew Dosunmu’s Sundance 2011 feature Restless City is the story of African immigrants living on New York City’s fringes. African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) plans an April 27th theatrical release; the film is the company’s fourth feature, joining I Will Follow, Kinyarwanda and Middle Of Nowhere. Eugene Gussenhoven wrote the Restless screenplay, and Katie Mustard and Matthew Parker produced with Audra Alexxi Jones, Munu Elifituri, David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa. The deal was negotiated for AFFRM by Gordon Bobb of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka Finkelstein and Lezcano with Ronna Wallace of Eastgate on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFFRM Takes Sundance's 'Restless City' for U.S.
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Michael Massee Dies: Actor Involved In Tragic ‘The Crow’ Accident Was 61
- Well Go USA Acquires Rami Malek Thriller ‘Buster’s Mal Heart’
- ‘Fantasic Beasts’ Gets China Release Date
- Kevin Hart In Talks To Play Santa For Disney
- ‘Twilight’ Actor Edi Gathegi To Star In ‘The SHU’; ‘Escobar’ Adds Julieth Restrepo
- MGM Buys Chiara Atik Spec Script ‘Fairy Godmother’