Andrew Dosunmu’s Sundance 2011 feature Restless City is the story of African immigrants living on New York City’s fringes. African-American Film Festival Releasing Movement (AFFRM) plans an April 27th theatrical release; the film is the company’s fourth feature, joining I Will Follow, Kinyarwanda and Middle Of Nowhere. Eugene Gussenhoven wrote the Restless screenplay, and Katie Mustard and Matthew Parker produced with Audra Alexxi Jones, Munu Elifituri, David Raymond and Tony Okungbowa. The deal was negotiated for AFFRM by Gordon Bobb of Del, Shaw, Moonves, Tanaka Finkelstein and Lezcano with Ronna Wallace of Eastgate on behalf of the filmmakers.
AFFRM Takes Sundance's 'Restless City' for U.S.
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- 'Reach Me,' A Dozen More Reach Out To Specialty Film Audiences This Weekend
- 'Foxcatcher' Wrestles Away Specialty Box Office Crown; 'Birdman' Still Flying
- 'Foxcatcher', 'Rosewater' & 'Homesman', Oh My! — Specialty Box Office Preview
- 'The Theory Of Everything' Hawking Relatively Strong Box Office Debut
- Simple Physics: 'The Theory Of Everything' Is Specialty Box Office Whiz — Preview