EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that A&E has put in development an unscripted reality series executive produced by feature director-producer Michael Bay. The untitled project, a competition reality series that promises to test the strength of the family unit like never before, is being produced by Bay’s Platinum Dunes and Shed Media US (Supernanny). Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller and Shed Media US’ Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson are executive producing. If the project, now in early stages of development, goes to series, it will mark a first for both A&E and Bay. A&E, known for its stable of docu reality series, has made giving a greenlight to its first competition reality series a priority. For Bay, who’s been behind such blockbuster film franchises as Transformers, this would be the first unscripted series, also an arena his Platinum Dunes has been pursuing. Two years ago, it partnered with with top reality producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves to develop an action-adventure series.
A&E Teams With Director Michael Bay For Competition Reality Series In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Aasif Mandvi Getting ‘Younger’; Robert Craighead Joins ‘Future Man’
- MTV Movie & TV Awards On Collision Course With Potential Writers Strike
- Bill O’Reilly “Set A High Bar,” Tucker Carlson Says In Debut In ‘O’Reilly Factor’ Slot
- Faye Dunaway Talks Feeling "Guilty" About Oscars Best Picture Snafu On 'NBC Nightly News With Lester Holt'
- ‘Flip Or Flop’ Stars Christina & Tarek El Moussa To Return For Season 7
- WGA Members Approve Strike Authorization In Historic Turnout