EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that A&E has put in development an unscripted reality series executive produced by feature director-producer Michael Bay. The untitled project, a competition reality series that promises to test the strength of the family unit like never before, is being produced by Bay’s Platinum Dunes and Shed Media US (Supernanny). Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller and Shed Media US’ Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson are executive producing. If the project, now in early stages of development, goes to series, it will mark a first for both A&E and Bay. A&E, known for its stable of docu reality series, has made giving a greenlight to its first competition reality series a priority. For Bay, who’s been behind such blockbuster film franchises as Transformers, this would be the first unscripted series, also an arena his Platinum Dunes has been pursuing. Two years ago, it partnered with with top reality producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves to develop an action-adventure series.
A&E Teams With Director Michael Bay For Competition Reality Series In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest TV News
- Bill Maher: Don’t Lump Al Franken With Weinstein, Spacey & Donald Trump
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book