EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that A&E has put in development an unscripted reality series executive produced by feature director-producer Michael Bay. The untitled project, a competition reality series that promises to test the strength of the family unit like never before, is being produced by Bay’s Platinum Dunes and Shed Media US (Supernanny). Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller and Shed Media US’ Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson are executive producing. If the project, now in early stages of development, goes to series, it will mark a first for both A&E and Bay. A&E, known for its stable of docu reality series, has made giving a greenlight to its first competition reality series a priority. For Bay, who’s been behind such blockbuster film franchises as Transformers, this would be the first unscripted series, also an arena his Platinum Dunes has been pursuing. Two years ago, it partnered with with top reality producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves to develop an action-adventure series.
A&E Teams With Director Michael Bay For Competition Reality Series In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
Director Jim Sheridan's Next: 'H-Block' Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
Latest TV News
- ‘Roseanne’ Getting Revival With Roseanne Barr, John Goodman, Sara Gilbert & Co.
- Emmys: Netflix Ramping Up Campaign Strategy With Monthlong ‘FYSee’ Program Targeting Voters
- ‘The Gong Show’ Revival Sets British Comic Tommy Maitland As Host
- ‘Ray Donovan’ & ‘Episodes’ Get Summer Premiere Dates; ‘Twin Peaks’ Finale…
- ‘The Vampire Chronicles’: Paramount TV & Anonymous Content Option Anne Rice Books For TV Series
- ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Adds Rekha Sharma, Kenneth Mitchell & More To Cast