EXCLUSIVE: I’ve learned that A&E has put in development an unscripted reality series executive produced by feature director-producer Michael Bay. The untitled project, a competition reality series that promises to test the strength of the family unit like never before, is being produced by Bay’s Platinum Dunes and Shed Media US (Supernanny). Bay, Andrew Form and Brad Fuller and Shed Media US’ Nick Emmerson and Dan Peirson are executive producing. If the project, now in early stages of development, goes to series, it will mark a first for both A&E and Bay. A&E, known for its stable of docu reality series, has made giving a greenlight to its first competition reality series a priority. For Bay, who’s been behind such blockbuster film franchises as Transformers, this would be the first unscripted series, also an arena his Platinum Dunes has been pursuing. Two years ago, it partnered with with top reality producers Dan Cutforth and Jane Lipsitz of Magical Elves to develop an action-adventure series.
A&E Teams With Director Michael Bay For Competition Reality Series In Development
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Fox News Brings Bob Beckel Back To The Five’ Fold
- Cannes Film Festival Re-Elects Pierre Lescure As President; Lionsgate Inks Deals For ‘Kicking & Screaming’…
- Tegna Media & MGM To Launch Live Syndicated Daytime Show In Fall
- eOne Acquires TV Rights To ‘The Architecture Of Heaven’ Novel; Michael London Producing
- ‘Sherlock’ Season 4 Finale Hits Series Low; BBC Probing Russian Online Leak
- Oprah Winfrey, Van Jones & Ava DuVernay Talk Politics At Netflix Exec’s Home