It was hailed as a potential successor to Desperate Housewives and was launched behind the departing veteran dramedy. Now ABC’s midseason dramedy GCB will test drive Housewives‘ Sunday 9 PM time slot. On April 8, ABC will air two back-to-back originals of GCB, one at 9 PM and one at 10 PM, instead of the originally scheduled one in the show’s regular 10 PM slot. The tryout won’t be in a realistic environment as it will follow a Once Upon A Time rerun, but it will probably still inform ABC’s decision whether GCB would be a viable contender to replace Housewives next season. The network originally planned to have an original Housewives and GCB swap places for a night, but the idea didn’t come to pass because Housewives‘ recent episodes have dealt with a major plot development: the death of Mike Delfino (James Denton). The networks use the down spring time to experiment with scheduling moves. CBS is testing a two-hour comedy block on Thursday and The Mentalist on Friday.
ABC To Try Out 'GCB' At 9 PM On Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
DC Digital Service To Launch With 'Titans' Series From Greg Berlanti & Akiva Goldsman And 'Young Justice: Outsiders'
Latest TV News
- ‘Scream’: Queen Latifah & New Showrunner Join Season 3 Revamp
- ‘Strike Back’: Cinemax Rounds Out Cast As Season 5 Production Begins
- Donald Trump Oddly Pronounces “Nazis”, Seth Meyers Takes Note
- Front Row Filmed Entertainment Inks Deal With Iflix For Egyptian Sitcom ‘Tough Luck’
- AMC Networks Teams With Charter To Co-Produce Original Content
- Stephen Colbert Takes On Alex Jones, George Soros And Big Yogurt