It was hailed as a potential successor to Desperate Housewives and was launched behind the departing veteran dramedy. Now ABC’s midseason dramedy GCB will test drive Housewives‘ Sunday 9 PM time slot. On April 8, ABC will air two back-to-back originals of GCB, one at 9 PM and one at 10 PM, instead of the originally scheduled one in the show’s regular 10 PM slot. The tryout won’t be in a realistic environment as it will follow a Once Upon A Time rerun, but it will probably still inform ABC’s decision whether GCB would be a viable contender to replace Housewives next season. The network originally planned to have an original Housewives and GCB swap places for a night, but the idea didn’t come to pass because Housewives‘ recent episodes have dealt with a major plot development: the death of Mike Delfino (James Denton). The networks use the down spring time to experiment with scheduling moves. CBS is testing a two-hour comedy block on Thursday and The Mentalist on Friday.
ABC To Try Out 'GCB' At 9 PM On Sunday
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Mindy Kaling & 3 Arts Option Alyssa Mastromonaco White House Memoir 'Who Thought This Was A Good Idea?' For TV
Latest TV News
- NFL Players Union Stands In Solidarity With WGA As Strike Looms
- ‘The Reykjavik Confessions’: Buccaneer Media, Balt Kormakur’s RVK Studios Plot True Crime Drama
- ‘Timeless’ EP Eric Kripke On The Moment He Realized He Was Telling A James Bond Story — AwardsLine…
- TruTV’s Andrea Savage Comedy ‘I’m Sorry’ Casts Up With Kathy Baker, Martin Mull
- ‘Wag The Dog’ Comedy Series In Works At HBO
- Deadline’s TV Talk Podcast Episode #2: FYC Emmy Campaigns, ‘Game Of Thrones’ & ‘American Gods…