ABC has picked up Duets, a singing competition starring Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke. On the show, Clarkson, Nettles, Richie and Thicke will individually travel across America looking for undiscovered talent. Ultimately, each star will choose two singers to be his/her duet partners. Together the mentors and their protégés will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, one of the pairs will win, with the amateur getting a recording contract with Hollywood Records. Duets is executive produced by Robert Deaton, while Charles Wachter is co-executive producing. With Duets, ABC is throwing its hat into the music competition series ring. The network joins the CW, which also has a summer singing competition series, the Queen Latifah-produced Star Next Door, where mentors, including Gloria Estefan and John Rich, will each travel the country looking for undiscovered talent. Duets is listed as an original series though there have been similar series airing internationally. In the U.S., Fox aired Celebrity Duets, executive produced by Simon Cowell, in summer 2007. With Duets, Clarkson returns to summer reality series where she rose to fame on the first season of American Idol.
ABC Greenlights Music Competition Series 'Duets' Starring Kelly Clarkson For Summer
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Family Comedy From Eric Falconer & Greg Garcia
- VH1 Orders 'T.I.& Tiny: The Family Hustle' Spinoff Series Starring Tiny & Shekinah
- ER Drama 'Code Black' From Michael Seitzman Gets CBS Put Pilot Commitment
- CBS Buys Medical Drama From Sarah Watson & Jason Katims As Put Pilot
- Amblin TV Preps 'Minority Report' Series With 'Godzilla' Writer
- GSN Renews 'It Takes A Church' & 'The Chase'