ABC has picked up Duets, a singing competition starring Kelly Clarkson, Jennifer Nettles, Lionel Richie and Robin Thicke. On the show, Clarkson, Nettles, Richie and Thicke will individually travel across America looking for undiscovered talent. Ultimately, each star will choose two singers to be his/her duet partners. Together the mentors and their protégés will take the stage each week and perform in front of a live studio audience. In the end, one of the pairs will win, with the amateur getting a recording contract with Hollywood Records. Duets is executive produced by Robert Deaton, while Charles Wachter is co-executive producing. With Duets, ABC is throwing its hat into the music competition series ring. The network joins the CW, which also has a summer singing competition series, the Queen Latifah-produced Star Next Door, where mentors, including Gloria Estefan and John Rich, will each travel the country looking for undiscovered talent. Duets is listed as an original series though there have been similar series airing internationally. In the U.S., Fox aired Celebrity Duets, executive produced by Simon Cowell, in summer 2007. With Duets, Clarkson returns to summer reality series where she rose to fame on the first season of American Idol.
ABC Greenlights Music Competition Series 'Duets' Starring Kelly Clarkson For Summer
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Latest TV News
- CBS and Dish Reach Carriage Agreement
- ‘Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Return’ Renewed For Season 2 On Netflix
- Seth Meyers Confirmed For Golden Globes Hosting Gig
- ‘Charlie Brown Thanksgiving’ Special Ratings Top Feast of Holiday Eve Offerings
- ‘The Four: Battle For Stardom’: Fox Promos Disruptive Singing Competition
- ‘Entourage’ Extra Alleges Jeremy Piven Sexually Assaulted Her In 2009 – Report