I’ve learned that ABC Family is finalizing a deal for a second-season renewal of drama The Lying Game. After a shaky start last summer, the show, based on Alloy’s series books, clinched a 12-episode order in September. In Season 1A, Lying Game has done OK, ranking as the No. 3 scripted cable series in January behind ABC Family hits Pretty Little Liars and Switched At Birth. As a sign of the pending renewal, actors from the Warner Horizon/Alloy-produced Lying Game have been invited to ABC Family’s upfront event in New York on Monday.
ABC Family Nears Renewal Of 'Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- WGA Members "Ready To Strike" After Round Of Pre-Contract Talks Meetings
- Pondering The Imponderable: How A Restructured Hollywood Would Deal With Striking Writers
- Univision Pulls Ads For Pulse Shooting Show Segment; Club Owner, Mothers, Victims, GLAAD Press Network To Stop ‘Blood Bath…
- Republican Congressman Darrell Issa’s ‘Real Time’ Surprise Call For Special Prosecutor Gains Traction
- ‘The Good Fight’ Adds Nyambi Nyambi As Recurring
- 'American Girl': Gwendoline Yeo To Star In Amazon's Special 'Ivy & Julie 1976: A Happy Balance'