I’ve learned that ABC Family is finalizing a deal for a second-season renewal of drama The Lying Game. After a shaky start last summer, the show, based on Alloy’s series books, clinched a 12-episode order in September. In Season 1A, Lying Game has done OK, ranking as the No. 3 scripted cable series in January behind ABC Family hits Pretty Little Liars and Switched At Birth. As a sign of the pending renewal, actors from the Warner Horizon/Alloy-produced Lying Game have been invited to ABC Family’s upfront event in New York on Monday.
ABC Family Nears Renewal Of 'Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series