I’ve learned that ABC Family is finalizing a deal for a second-season renewal of drama The Lying Game. After a shaky start last summer, the show, based on Alloy’s series books, clinched a 12-episode order in September. In Season 1A, Lying Game has done OK, ranking as the No. 3 scripted cable series in January behind ABC Family hits Pretty Little Liars and Switched At Birth. As a sign of the pending renewal, actors from the Warner Horizon/Alloy-produced Lying Game have been invited to ABC Family’s upfront event in New York on Monday.
ABC Family Nears Renewal Of 'Lying Game'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- David Fincher Shepherding HBO Comedy About 1980s Music Video Industry
- David Fincher & James Ellroy Developing 1950s Los Angeles Drama For HBO
- Barbie Kligman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- 'Survivor' Finale On Par, 'Hell's Kitchen' Closer Slips From Last Season
- Amber West To Star In Jerrod Carmichael NBC Comedy Pilot
- Sarah Silverman To Star In HBO Pilot From 'Secret Diary Of A Call Girl' Creator