Talk about thinking ahead. With most pilots of this development cycle still gearing up for production, ABC has already bought a project that will be in consideration for the next one. Drama Infection was written on spec by Soo Hugh (The River). It was developed by Aaron Kaplan who will serve as an executive producer, with ABC Studios coming on board to produce. In the vein of Contagion, Infection chronicles a deadly pandemic ravaging the nation. A desperate President orders a border that divides the nation to halt the spread of the virus. Now, five years later, survivors on both sides fight to bring the country back together. Indie producer Kaplan has successfully taken the spec route for three of his four broadcast pilot orders this season — comedies Isabel and Daddy’s Girls at NBC and the Dan Fogelman half-hour at ABC. The deal for Infection expands Kaplan’s relationship with ABC where he has two pilots, Dan Fogelman and The Manzanis, and a series, GCB. Hugh is with WME.
ABC Buys Drama Spec For Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest TV News
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- ‘X-Factor’ Producers Hit With $2M Lawsuit By Contestant; Says Performance Was “Altered”
- Showrunner Jennie Snyder Urman On Almost Passing On ‘Jane The Virgin’, Pace, Title Change & How Will It End
- ‘Fuller’ Brush-Off: Olsens Won’t Head Home For ‘Full House’ Sequel
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- UP Orders ‘Last Hope With Troy Dunn’ To Series