Talk about thinking ahead. With most pilots of this development cycle still gearing up for production, ABC has already bought a project that will be in consideration for the next one. Drama Infection was written on spec by Soo Hugh (The River). It was developed by Aaron Kaplan who will serve as an executive producer, with ABC Studios coming on board to produce. In the vein of Contagion, Infection chronicles a deadly pandemic ravaging the nation. A desperate President orders a border that divides the nation to halt the spread of the virus. Now, five years later, survivors on both sides fight to bring the country back together. Indie producer Kaplan has successfully taken the spec route for three of his four broadcast pilot orders this season — comedies Isabel and Daddy’s Girls at NBC and the Dan Fogelman half-hour at ABC. The deal for Infection expands Kaplan’s relationship with ABC where he has two pilots, Dan Fogelman and The Manzanis, and a series, GCB. Hugh is with WME.
ABC Buys Drama Spec For Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Amazon Has No Regrets As ‘Man In The High Castle’ Ad Campaign Pulled From NYC Subway – Update
- ‘Grease Live’ First-Look Promo: Hand Jives & Fast Times At Rydell High
- College Sex Scandal Drama From Jessica Mecklenburg & Rod Lurie Lands At NBC
- The Sony Hack One Year Later: Just Who Are The Guardians Of Peace?
- David Canary Dies: ‘All My Children’ Star Was 77
- ‘Superstore’ Review: America Ferrera NBC Comedy Proves Big Not Better