Talk about thinking ahead. With most pilots of this development cycle still gearing up for production, ABC has already bought a project that will be in consideration for the next one. Drama Infection was written on spec by Soo Hugh (The River). It was developed by Aaron Kaplan who will serve as an executive producer, with ABC Studios coming on board to produce. In the vein of Contagion, Infection chronicles a deadly pandemic ravaging the nation. A desperate President orders a border that divides the nation to halt the spread of the virus. Now, five years later, survivors on both sides fight to bring the country back together. Indie producer Kaplan has successfully taken the spec route for three of his four broadcast pilot orders this season — comedies Isabel and Daddy’s Girls at NBC and the Dan Fogelman half-hour at ABC. The deal for Infection expands Kaplan’s relationship with ABC where he has two pilots, Dan Fogelman and The Manzanis, and a series, GCB. Hugh is with WME.
ABC Buys Drama Spec For Next Season
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Fallon Unveils Former White House Press Secretary Sean Spicer’s New Music Video
- ‘Santa Clarita Diet’: Zach Knighton Set For Major Season 2 Arc On Netflix Comedy
- Sabrina Wind Named TV President Of Jason Reed’s ABC Studios-Based Co.
- Fox News Trades Insults With New York Times Over Coverage Of Botched Plot To Kill ISIS Leader
- ‘Mars’ Season 2: Esai Morales, Roxy Sternberg, Five More Round Out Cast As Production Begins
- Writers’ Health Care Costs Going Up In January