EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert's Live Post-Debate 'Late Show' Tops Household Ratings But Edged By Jimmy Kimmel In Demo
Latest TV News
- How The Power-Broker Koch Brothers Are Killing The Florida Film Business
- James Patterson Teams With David Marshall Grant For ‘Stingray’ FBI Drama At CBS, Sells ‘NYPD Red’ Adaptation…
- ‘Narcos’ Adds Arturo Castro & Kerry Bishé As Regulars In Season 3
- Michel’le Signs Overall Deal With Thinkfactory Media
- ‘A Midsummer’s Nightmare’: Five Cast In Lifetime’s Shakespearean Pilot
- ‘Rocky Horror’ Ratings Fall From ‘Grease Live’ As CBS Tops Night With Packers Win – UPDATE