EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
Latest TV News
- Dylan Farrow Calls Actors In Woody Allen Movies “Complicit” In “Culture Of Silence”
- Andie MacDowell Joins BBC Three Comedy ‘Cuckoo’
- Hulu’s ‘The Looming Tower’ & AMC’s ‘The Terror’ Lead Berlin TV Lineup
- Carey Mulligan Hits Out At Lack Of “Fully Rounded” Film Roles For Women
- ‘Drug Lords’ Producer Informs On Netflix Doc Series Including Cartel Squabbles
- Peter Wyngarde Dies; Canal+ Boards ‘My Brilliant Friend’; BBC Backs ‘Romper Stomper’ Remake…