EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
Latest TV News
- 'Castle Rock': Melanie Lynskey To Star In Hulu’s J.J. Abrams/Stephen King Series
- Cole Hauser, Wes Bentley & Kelly Reilly Join Paramount Network’s ‘Yellowstone’
- ITV Studios America Adds Jed Valdecantos & Jim Dietle To Exec Team
- Donald Trump’s Latest Twitter Tantrum Targets New York Times, Washington Post
- CBS News To Launch ‘CBSN: On Assignment’; Summer Primetime News Series Sets Premiere Date
- ABC News Reaches Settlement In “Pink Slime” Defamation Lawsuit