EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Mr. Robot' Season 3 Finale Shocker: Sam Esmail On Tonight's Revelation, Surprise Guest & What's Next In Season 4
Latest TV News
- Martin Ransohoff Dies: Film And TV Producer For Many Hits Was 90
- Mario Batali Fired From ‘The Chew’ After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- ‘Olive Forever’ Pilot Not Going Forward At USA, To Be Shopped Elsewhere
- The Murdochs Would Become Disney’s Largest Individual Shareholders When Merger Clears
- Freeform Developing Thriller ‘The Kill Book’ From ‘Mysteries Of Laura’ Team
- Omarosa: Robin Roberts Declared “Black Woman Civil War” After ‘GMA’ Interview