EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jon Foo To Play Detective Lee In ‘Rush Hour’ CBS Pilot
- Mike Epps To Topline ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Uncle Buck’
- Dreama Walker Cast In CBS Pilot ‘Doubt’
- TruTV Orders 'Those Who Can't' As First Scripted Comedy Series
- ‘Garfunkel & Oates’ Cancelled By IFC After One Season