EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert Leaks His Own Meltdown Tape After Someone Leaks Lawrence O’Donnell’s For Him
- Jimmy Kimmel: Donald Trump Would Sign Copies Of Koran At Barnes & Noble In Fallujah To Kill Bill Named For Obama
- ‘Roseanne’: ‘Shameless’ Star Emma Kenney Set As Darlene And David’s Daughter
- SAG-AFTRA Sending Team To ‘Riverdale’ Set After K.J. Apa Crash
- Vice Video Staffers Unionize With WGA East & Motion Picture Editors Guild
- Warner Bros “Extremely Grateful” ‘Riverdale’ Star K.J. Apa OK After Car Crash – Update