EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Hulu Adds Spanish-Language Programs From Sony And Telemundo
- Seth Meyers Operates On GOP’s Trumpcare “Con”
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- Fox News Clocks Record Ratings As Cable News Nets Enjoy Donald Trump’s First Quarter In White House
- Barclays Bank Launches $125M UK TV Production Fund
- ‘Sherlock’s Mark Gatiss To Curate BBC’s ‘Queers’; ‘Berlin Station’ Rolls Into Europe…