EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- ABC Nabs Political Family Comedy Starring Felicity Huffman From Kenya Barris & Vijal Patel With Big Commitment
- ‘The Magicians’ Casts Christopher Gorham; ‘Outcast’ Adds C. Thomas Howell
- ‘Imaginary Mary’ Order Trimmed By ABC
- Hollywood Mourns Death Of Soap Opera Icon Agnes Nixon
- ‘Westworld’ Review: HBO’s Violent Epic More ‘Grand Theft Auto’ Than ‘Game Of Thrones…
- ATX Accepting Submissions For Pitch Competition & Writing Program