EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Trevor Noah Explains Donald Trump’s Anthony Scaramucci Bromance
- ‘One Mississippi’ Teaser: First Look At Season 2 Of Tig Notaro’s Amazon Dark Comedy
- Nielsen Adds Hulu And YouTube TV Viewing To Network Ratings
- HBO, Russia’s Amedia Expand Deal; ‘Doctor Who’ Showrunner Russell T. Davies To Be Honored At Edinburgh TV Fest…
- Charter Forges Alliance With Dolan Family Media Analytics Firm
- MSNBC Clocks Cable’s Largest Weekday Primetime Crowd For First Time In Its History