EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
Model Amy Elmore Shares Harrowing Personal Abuse: "It's Time To Talk About Sexual Predators In The Modeling Business"
Latest TV News
- TV Academy Board Votes To Initiate Disciplinary Proceedings On Harvey Weinstein; Hearing Set For November
- Dodgers Clinch World Series Berth; Can Yankees Complete Major TV Market Sweep?
- Fox Buys Native American Family Comedy From Lucas Brown Eyes & ‘It’s KatzSmith
- Sean Penn Calls Netflix’s ‘El Chapo’ Docu “Cheap” & “Reckless”; It’s Still…
- CBS Developing ‘Whistleblower’ Drama From Chris Silber & Jerry Bruckheimer TV
- ‘The Loud House' Creator Chris Savino Fired By Nickelodeon Following Sexual Harassment Allegations