EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
Larry Wilmore Savages Media, Ignites Controversy During White House Correspondents' Dinner Skewering
Latest TV News
- Tracy Scott Dies: Veteran Script Supervisor On Four Best Picture Oscar Nominees Was 46
- Syfy SVPs Paul Shapiro & Erik Storey Exit Amid Restructuring
- Ashley Sawyer Dies: MTV ‘Catfish’ Subject Was 23
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Video: Viewers Can Take The Lead In Virtual Reality
- Patti Davis Novel ‘The Earth Breaks In Colors’ To Be Adapted As Movie By ‘Mr. Church’ Writer
- ‘These Broken Stars’ Sci-Fi Series From Eric Balfour & Warren Littlefield Eyed By Freeform & Sky