EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
'Furious 7' Hits $320.5M, 'Adaline' Lures Ladies: The Calm Before 'Age Of Ultron' Conquers - Final Sunday B.O. Update
Latest TV News
- Daytime Emmy Awards Winners – Best Drama A Tie As ‘Y&R,’ ‘General Hospital’ Win Three Each
- BAFTA TV Craft Awards: ‘Penny Dreadful’ Leads With Three Wins
- Oscar Winner John Legend Talks Blacks In Prison, Police Brutality On CNN
- 7 Best Moments Of The White House Correspondents Dinner
- Cecily Strong Struggles To Follow Obama And Anger Translator Luther At White House Correspondents Dinner
- The Bruce Jenner ABC Special Won Big On Social Media