EXCLUSIVE: Abby Elliott has departed Fox’s comedy pilot Ned Fox Is My Manny. The Saturday Night Live co-star had been cast as the lead in the single-camera comedy but was released after the pilot’s table read yesterday as it was determined that she wasn’t the right fit for the role. Search is under way for another actress to play the part of an uptight single mother whose aimless brother (Nat Faxon) moves in to help raise her daughter (Maggie Jones). Before Ned Fox, Elliott had not done any other major TV gigs outside of SNL. She is now expected to continue on the NBC late-night sketch comedy series where her memorable impersonations including Angelina Jolie, Anna Faris, Rachel Maddow, Khloe Kardashian, Zooey Deschanel and Brittany Murphy.
Abby Elliott Exits 'Ned Fox Is My Manny'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Alice' Sees $65M In Offshore Looking Glass; 'Warcraft' Scores $31.6M; 'X-Men' Cumes $186M - Intl Box Office
Moviegoers Turn Out For The 'Apocalypse' Over Memorial Day & Chop Off 'Alice's Head - Monday AM Update
Latest TV News
- ‘Peaky Blinders’ Season 3 Review: Cillian Murphy & Gang Raise Stakes In Strong Return
- 'Roots' Review: Reimagined Slavery Epic Poignant In Era Of Black Lives Matter
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: Aziz Ansari’s ‘Master Of None’ Takes Unconventional Path To…
- Snoop Dogg Urges Acolytes To Avoid ‘Roots’ As Reboot Is Set To Premiere
- ‘The Carmichael Show’ Ends Season Quietly On Low-Rated Holiday Sunday
- André Rousselet Dies: Canal Plus Founder & Mitterand Cabinet Director Was 93