On Thursday, my colleague Mike Fleming weighed in on rumors being reported as fact elsewhere that said threequel Bridget Jones’s Baby was in trouble. Mike’s sources were adamant the movie would get made this year, denied that Hugh Grant had bailed and said that he, Colin Firth and Renee Zellweger are determined to see it through. Confirming Mike’s intel, Working Title’s Tim Bevan addressed the situation today with the following statement: “Reports that Hugh Grant has exited Bridget Jones’s Baby are untrue. We are still working on the script hence the delay to the start of production, but the film is going ahead as planned.”
Working Title's Tim Bevan Addresses 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Talk
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Tartaglione
- Peter Kujawski Named Managing Director Of Universal Pictures Int'l Productions
- 'Mommy' To Rep Canada In Foreign-Lingo Oscar Race; Belgium Picks 'Two Days, One Night'
- Annabelle Wallis Joins Armie Hammer In Psychological Thriller 'Mine'
- Scotland Votes To Remain In The UK: Political Changes Loom, Effect On Film & TV Biz Uncertain
- Scottish Independence Vote: If The Ayes Have It, What Happens For Film & TV Biz?
- ITV Closes Curtain On 'Rising Star'; UK Version Will Not Go Forward