On Thursday, my colleague Mike Fleming weighed in on rumors being reported as fact elsewhere that said threequel Bridget Jones’s Baby was in trouble. Mike’s sources were adamant the movie would get made this year, denied that Hugh Grant had bailed and said that he, Colin Firth and Renee Zellweger are determined to see it through. Confirming Mike’s intel, Working Title’s Tim Bevan addressed the situation today with the following statement: “Reports that Hugh Grant has exited Bridget Jones’s Baby are untrue. We are still working on the script hence the delay to the start of production, but the film is going ahead as planned.”
Working Title's Tim Bevan Addresses 'Bridget Jones's Baby' Talk
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking