EXCLUSIVE: Hot off the 2012 Sundance Film Festival premiere of his film The First Time, Jon Kasdan has signed with WME. Kasdan, who wrote and directed The First Time, made his directing debut on 2007’s In The Land of Women, which he also wrote. The First Time, which stars WME clients Dylan O’Brien and Craig Roberts, is a fresh, grounded and funny coming of age story set in high school. Kasdan grew up in the business. He’s the son of writer/director Lawrence Kasdan, and has played roles in his father’s films The Big Chill, Silverado, The Accidental Tourist and Dreamcatcher. He’s also the brother of Bad Teacher helmer Jake Kasdan.
WME Signs Writer-Director Jon Kasdan
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Jennifer Aniston May Be On The Fast Track To Oscar As Awards Groups Shower Her With Best Actress Nominations
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount