Backstage at the BAFTAs, actor/director/writer Paddy Considine confirmed he is working to adapt Jon Hotten’s book on the world of professional body building, The Years Of The Locust. Hotten noted in a blog post last fall the writer/director of last year’s Tyrannosaur, which picked up a directing and special jury prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival (and a BAFTA tonight in London), was adapting the film version of novel. The Year Of The Locust is a true story of intrigue, paranoia, murder and money set in the South in the ’90s. The book centers on two characters. One is a sociopathic door-to-door sales king turned boxing promoter Rick “Elvis” Parker and the other his loyal, naive incorruptible fighter Tim Anderson. Paddy Considine’s also notes on his website that he’s writing a ghost story called The Leaning. A frequent collaborator with Shane Meadows, Considine’s acting roles In America, Dead Man’s Shoes as well as The Bourne Ultimatum.
With BAFTA Win UK's Paddy Considine Confirms Work On 'The Years Of The Locusts'
What's Hot on Deadline
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Latest Film News
- Stalking Horse Bidder Lantern Capital Has Competition In Race To Ride Off With Weinstein Company Assets
- Shocker! MGM Chairman/CEO Gary Barber Leaving Company After Eight Years At The Helm — Updated
- ‘Sicario: Day of the Soldado’ Trailer: Benicio Del Toro & Josh Brolin Are Locked And Loaded For A New…
- ‘I Can Only Imagine’ Review: Faith-Based Music Biopic Of MercyMe’s Smash Song Hits All The Right Notes
- Deadline’s 2017 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament Gets Underway: No. 10 ‘Get Out’
- Glynn Turman, Stephanie Turner To Topline ‘Justine’; Jackson Rathbone, Kerri Medders Cast In ‘Do Not Reply…