Backstage at the BAFTAs, actor/director/writer Paddy Considine confirmed he is working to adapt Jon Hotten’s book on the world of professional body building, The Years Of The Locust. Hotten noted in a blog post last fall the writer/director of last year’s Tyrannosaur, which picked up a directing and special jury prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival (and a BAFTA tonight in London), was adapting the film version of novel. The Year Of The Locust is a true story of intrigue, paranoia, murder and money set in the South in the ’90s. The book centers on two characters. One is a sociopathic door-to-door sales king turned boxing promoter Rick “Elvis” Parker and the other his loyal, naive incorruptible fighter Tim Anderson. Paddy Considine’s also notes on his website that he’s writing a ghost story called The Leaning. A frequent collaborator with Shane Meadows, Considine’s acting roles In America, Dead Man’s Shoes as well as The Bourne Ultimatum.
With BAFTA Win UK's Paddy Considine Confirms Work On 'The Years Of The Locusts'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest Film News
- Where Are Next Game Of Thrones & Ready Player One? Future Franchise Candidates
- 'Landline' Dials In With Top Number; 'The Beguiled' Crosses $10M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; ‘Valerian’ $23.5M Start – Int’l…
- ‘Dunkirk’ Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; ‘Girls Trip’ Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why ‘Valerian…
- Venice Film Festival: Edgar Wright, Rebecca Hall, John Landis & More Get Jury Duty
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Is Marvel’s Grand Finale At Hall H Presentation – Comic-Con