Backstage at the BAFTAs, actor/director/writer Paddy Considine confirmed he is working to adapt Jon Hotten’s book on the world of professional body building, The Years Of The Locust. Hotten noted in a blog post last fall the writer/director of last year’s Tyrannosaur, which picked up a directing and special jury prize at the 2011 Sundance Film Festival (and a BAFTA tonight in London), was adapting the film version of novel. The Year Of The Locust is a true story of intrigue, paranoia, murder and money set in the South in the ’90s. The book centers on two characters. One is a sociopathic door-to-door sales king turned boxing promoter Rick “Elvis” Parker and the other his loyal, naive incorruptible fighter Tim Anderson. Paddy Considine’s also notes on his website that he’s writing a ghost story called The Leaning. A frequent collaborator with Shane Meadows, Considine’s acting roles In America, Dead Man’s Shoes as well as The Bourne Ultimatum.
With BAFTA Win UK's Paddy Considine Confirms Work On 'The Years Of The Locusts'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Breaks More Records: $108M Second Weekend Is Second-Best Ever As Marvel Movie Heads For $400M
Berlin Film Festival Winners: 'Touch Me Not' Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For 'Isle Of Dogs' - Full List
'Black Panther' Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; 'Red Sea' Rises In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- 'Operation Red Sea' Tops Newcomers; 'The Shape of Water' Crosses $55M – Specialty Box Office
- ‘Black Panther’ Runs Past $300M Offshore, $700M WW; ‘Red Sea’ Rises In China – International…
- Sridevi Kapoor Dies: Bollywood Superstar In Multiple Languages Was 54
- 'Guardians Vol. 2' VFX Supervisor On All-New Rocket Raccoon & Pic's Spectacular Credits Sequence
- Berlin Film Festival Winners: ‘Touch Me Not’ Is Golden Bear; Wes Anderson Takes Best Director For ‘Isle Of Dogs’…
- ‘The Shape Of Water’s Guillermo Del Toro On The “Biggest Missing Piece” Co-Writer Vanessa Taylor Brought To…