EXCLUSIVE: Disney has tapped William Fichtner to replace Dwight Yoakam in The Lone Ranger. He will play the bad guy that Yoakam was set to take on before the actor-singer dropped out Friday because of a scheduling conflict. Now Fichtner is in. He just completed filming Elysuim for Sony and MRC with Matt Damon and Jodie Foster, as well as Phantom opposite Ed Harris and David Duchovny. Fichtner, repped by Paradigm and Intellectual Artist Management, will make his directing debut with the indie Coldbrook after wrapping Lone Ranger.
William Fichtner To Replace Dwight Yoakam In 'Lone Ranger'
What's Hot on Deadline
PGA Awards: 'Birdman' Wins Top Film Prize, 'Breaking Bad' Takes Drama Trophy & 'Orange Is The New Black' Nabs Comedy
'American Sniper' Praised By Michael Moore; Calls Bradley Cooper's Performance "One Of The Best Of The Year" - Update
More From Fleming Jr
- IFC Pays $3 Million For Jack Black Comedy ‘The D Train’ – Sundance
- Nicole Kidman-Starrer ‘Strangerland’ Selling To Alchemy: Sundance
- A24 Closing On ‘The Witch': Sundance
- UPDATE: Relativity Sticks The Landing: $3 Million For Sundance Opener ‘The Bronze’
- Vertical Climbs Into Distribution With ‘Dial A Prayer’ Deal
- Tom Bernard, Luc Robitaille Among Those In Sunday Hockey Game: Sundance