Expect the cable news networks to pick up on Whitney Houston’s private memorial service Saturday. BET News and Centric will broadcast live coverage of the services beginning at 8:30AM PT/11:30 ET. Immediately following the service BET will air a one-hour original special BET Remembers Whitney. The Associated Press reported today it will have the only camera in Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church for the service, with footage from its live stream, at http://livestream.com/aplive, available to media outlets via satellite. The funeral is set for noon locally and is expected to last 90 minutes before Houston is laid to rest in Westfield, N.J., at the same cemetery where her father is buried. There is no plan so far for a public service for the iconic singer and movie star, who died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton at age 48 the afternoon before the Grammy Awards.
Whitney Houston Funeral To Stream Live
Trending Now on Deadline
Ferguson Grand Jury Decision: CNN & Fox News Reporters Attacked On-Air; Networks Go Live To Obama Remarks Over No Indictment - Update
Nicole Kidman & Reese Witherspoon To Star In 'Big Little Lies' Limited Series, Penned By David E. Kelley
More From Team
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'
- 'Cake' Trailer: Jennifer Aniston Feels The Pain And Shows It
- Regina King To Co-Star In FX Pilot 'Pariah'; Daisy Betts Joins 'Childhood's End' On Syfy
- 'Pan' Teaser: Hugh Jackman, Rooney Mara In Peter Pan Origin Tale
- Film Independent Spirit Award Nominations 2015 – Full List