Expect the cable news networks to pick up on Whitney Houston’s private memorial service Saturday. BET News and Centric will broadcast live coverage of the services beginning at 8:30AM PT/11:30 ET. Immediately following the service BET will air a one-hour original special BET Remembers Whitney. The Associated Press reported today it will have the only camera in Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church for the service, with footage from its live stream, at http://livestream.com/aplive, available to media outlets via satellite. The funeral is set for noon locally and is expected to last 90 minutes before Houston is laid to rest in Westfield, N.J., at the same cemetery where her father is buried. There is no plan so far for a public service for the iconic singer and movie star, who died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton at age 48 the afternoon before the Grammy Awards.
Whitney Houston Funeral To Stream Live
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign