Expect the cable news networks to pick up on Whitney Houston’s private memorial service Saturday. BET News and Centric will broadcast live coverage of the services beginning at 8:30AM PT/11:30 ET. Immediately following the service BET will air a one-hour original special BET Remembers Whitney. The Associated Press reported today it will have the only camera in Newark’s New Hope Baptist Church for the service, with footage from its live stream, at http://livestream.com/aplive, available to media outlets via satellite. The funeral is set for noon locally and is expected to last 90 minutes before Houston is laid to rest in Westfield, N.J., at the same cemetery where her father is buried. There is no plan so far for a public service for the iconic singer and movie star, who died Saturday at the Beverly Hilton at age 48 the afternoon before the Grammy Awards.
Whitney Houston Funeral To Stream Live
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'Guardians' Tops 2014; 'As Above/So Below' Nabs No. 3; 'Cantinflas' Es Excelente!
More From Team
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Is “Resting Comfortably”, Says Daughter Melissa