When she got an Oscar nom for playing the precocious brat in Atonement, who would have guessed Saoirse Ronan would become Ireland’s answer to Chuck Norris? Ronan, who starred in Hanna, next headlines as a resistance fighter in the Andrew Niccol-directed adaptation of Twilight Saga author Stephenie Meyer’s The Host. Now she’ll take on yet another action role. She’ll star in Disney’s The Order of the Seven. That started out as the revisionist fairy tale Snow And The Seven. But with Mirror Mirror and Snow White And The Huntsman coming from other studios, Disney felt a kung fu Snow White was overkill. The current logline: A centuries old and once revered Order of Warriors, now a jaded group of outlaws, must reclaim their destiny after the reemergence of an ancient evil empress. Ronan will play Olivia Sinclair, a British ex-pat of 19th Century Hong Kong who guides the warriors back to their noble roots. The film will be lined with stars from China, Russia and Japan. Jayson Rothwell and Michael deBruyn wrote the most recent script, with the first done by Josh Harmon & Scott Elder. Commercials helmer Michael Gracey will direct. Andrew Gunn is producing.
Saoirse Ronan Bigger Teen Action Queen
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest Film News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Oscars: ‘Miles Ahead’ & ‘Maggie’s Plan’ Are First 2016 Awards Screeners Sent To Voters As Sony Classics Jumpstarts…
- Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The ‘Young Frankenstein’ Scene That Cracked Him Up: “We Had To Do It 14 Times”…
- Gene Wilder: Remembering A Comedy Movie Icon – Photos
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- Emma Thompson In Talks To Star In Director Richard Eyre’s ‘The Children Act’