When she got an Oscar nom for playing the precocious brat in Atonement, who would have guessed Saoirse Ronan would become Ireland’s answer to Chuck Norris? Ronan, who starred in Hanna, next headlines as a resistance fighter in the Andrew Niccol-directed adaptation of Twilight Saga author Stephenie Meyer’s The Host. Now she’ll take on yet another action role. She’ll star in Disney’s The Order of the Seven. That started out as the revisionist fairy tale Snow And The Seven. But with Mirror Mirror and Snow White And The Huntsman coming from other studios, Disney felt a kung fu Snow White was overkill. The current logline: A centuries old and once revered Order of Warriors, now a jaded group of outlaws, must reclaim their destiny after the reemergence of an ancient evil empress. Ronan will play Olivia Sinclair, a British ex-pat of 19th Century Hong Kong who guides the warriors back to their noble roots. The film will be lined with stars from China, Russia and Japan. Jayson Rothwell and Michael deBruyn wrote the most recent script, with the first done by Josh Harmon & Scott Elder. Commercials helmer Michael Gracey will direct. Andrew Gunn is producing.
Saoirse Ronan Bigger Teen Action Queen
What's Hot on Deadline
'Downton Abbey' Finale: Exec Producer Gareth Neame On Allen Leech & Lily James' Future, Season 7 & That Proposal
More From Fleming Jr
- Bart & Fleming: Tom Rothman Rises; Adam Goodman Exits; Raunchy Comediennes
- New Regency Acquires Film For ’71’s Yann Demange To Direct, Plan B To Produce
- Bruce Lee Family Plans New Film Biopic
- A Third Robin Hood Script Enters The Fray; This By King Arthur Scribe Joby Harold
- Rob Letterman Doffs ‘Captain Underpants'; ‘Turbo’s David Soren Being Fitted For DWA Pic
- Will ‘The Crow’ Fly With Jack Huston?