Warner Bros is releasing its period LA crime drama The Gangster Squad on October 12, 2012, a week earlier than its original October 19 date. The Ruben Fleischer directed mob-vs-cops film stars Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin in the story of an elite LAPD unit tasked with keeping Mickey Cohen and other mafia bigwigs out of Los Angeles in the 1940s and ’50s. The new date already houses FilmDistrict’s crime actioner Parker, starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez, as well as Sony/Columbia’s Kevin James comedy Here Comes The Boom and Paramount’s comedy Fun Size.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Gangster Squad' Date
What's Hot on Deadline
'Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice': 2 New TV Spots Promote Gotham City, Metropolis & Turkish Airlines
Latest Film News
- Producer Marc Platt On Oscars Diversity, ‘Bridge Of Spies’ & Making ‘Grease’ Live
- Feds Probing ‘Wolf Of Wall Street’ Producer Red Granite’s Money Relationships
- Bart & Fleming: Ava DuVernay In Demand; CEO Mischief And Focus Feature Casualties; ‘Spotlight’s Lingering Legacy
- J.K. Simmons & Julie Delpy To Star In ‘The Bachelors’ From ‘Unbroken,’ ‘Descendants…
- ‘Mike & Dave Need Wedding Dates’ Trailer: Can Efron & Devine Out-Party Kendrick & Plaza?
- Morgan Freeman To Receive Chaplin Award From Film Society Of Lincoln Center