Warner Bros is releasing its period LA crime drama The Gangster Squad on October 12, 2012, a week earlier than its original October 19 date. The Ruben Fleischer directed mob-vs-cops film stars Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin in the story of an elite LAPD unit tasked with keeping Mickey Cohen and other mafia bigwigs out of Los Angeles in the 1940s and ’50s. The new date already houses FilmDistrict’s crime actioner Parker, starring Jason Statham and Jennifer Lopez, as well as Sony/Columbia’s Kevin James comedy Here Comes The Boom and Paramount’s comedy Fun Size.
Warner Bros Shifts 'Gangster Squad' Date
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jon Stewart's 'Rosewater'
- David Hyde Pierce Joins 'The Good Wife' In Recurring Role
- TNT's 'Proof', Netflix's 'Narcos' & Amazon Pilot 'Man In The High Castle' Add Cast
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Updated To “Stable” After Being Rushed To Hospital
- Academy Unveils 2014 Governors Awards: Harry Belafonte, Jean-Claude Carrière, Hayao Miyazaki, Maureen O'Hara