Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Ratings Rise To Season Highs With Host Kumail Nanjiani, Donald Trump & Harvey Weinstein Skits
Latest Film News
- ‘It Happened In L.A.’: The Orchard Unveils Trailer & Release Date For Michelle Morgan’s Dating Comedy
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Trailer: Complicit Silence About Sexual Predator Burdens Town In Timely Docu
- ‘Only The Brave’ Review: Josh Brolin Leads Powerful Story Of Granite Mountain Hotshots
- CSA Announces Open Casting Call For Transgender Actors
- Netflix Reports 5.3 Million New Global Subscribers In Q3 After Stock Sets Record
- Producers Guild Board Votes Unanimously To Expel Harvey Weinsteino