Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pacific Rim Uprising' Takes No. 1 With $23M+; 'Black Panther' Best Marvel Title Ever At Domestic B.O., Beating 'Avengers'
Latest Film News
- ‘Billions’ Actor David Costabile To Play Doc McGhee In ‘The Dirt’
- Arnon Milchan & Regency Countersued For Fraud Over Warren Beatty’s ‘Rules Don’t Apply’
- ‘Scandal’s Darby Stanchfield & Daisy Prescott Cast In ‘Justine’
- Tiffany Haddish Will Give Voice To ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel Character
- ‘Hunter Killer,’ Starring Gerard Butler & Gary Oldman, Pegged For October Release
- Female Directors Scorecard: Sony’s ‘Barbie,’ ‘Charlie’s Angels’ And More