Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
Latest Film News
- Broad Green Sets Crime Tale ‘Entering Hades’ With Michael Fassbender, ‘Birdman’ Co-Writer…
- Seville Racks Up Big Sales On Xavier Dolan’s ‘It’s Only The End Of The World’ – Cannes
- ‘Hamilton’ & ‘Shuffle Along’ Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As ‘American Psycho’, ‘Tuck Everlasting…
- Watch: Tony Awards Nominations Live Stream
- Sean Bean & Mark Stanley In Talks For Clio Barnard’s ‘Dark River’ Opposite Ruth Wilson – Cannes
- Cannes Adds Weinstein Co’s ‘Hands Of Stone’ With Tribute To Robert De Niro