Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- ‘Bridget Jones’s Baby’ Gets September 2016 Due Date
- Jennifer Lawrence Presses Case On Equal Pay For Actresses
- ‘Resident Evil’ Stuntwoman Injured On Set Out Of Coma – Update
- Patrizia Von Brandenstein To Receive Art Directors Guild’s Lifetime Achievement Award
- Big Names Perform Unproduced Scripts By Welles, Hitchcock & Others On BBC Radio – Global Briefs
- ‘Truth’ Review: Not A False Note In Film That Puts ‘60 Minutes’ Under The Knife