Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest Film News
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’
- ‘MATANGI / MAYA / M.I.A.’ Doc Shines Light On Singer’s Advocacy For Fellow Tamils – Sundance Studio
- Oscars: Female Nominees Tie Record For Most In One Year