Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Also Will Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona