Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'I Feel Pretty' Takes In $1M, 'Super Troopers 2' Tickets Strong $1.35M, 'Traffik' With $225K In Thursday Previews
'Love, Gilda' Director On Meeting Gene Wilder & Why Some Gilda Radner 'SNL' Peers Aren't In The Doc - Tribeca
Latest Film News
- ‘It’ Star Sophia Lillis To Topline Warner Bros’ ‘Nancy Drew And The Hidden Staircase’
- Amazon Prime Picks Up Drake Doremus Futuristic Love Story ‘Zoe’ – Tribeca
- Netflix Acquires Thriller Novel ‘Tell Me Everything’ For Sugar23 & Anonymous Content
- ‘Angry Birds 2’: Leslie Jones, Rachel Bloom, Sterling K. Brown, Eugenio Derbez & Others Join Voice Cast
- Slate PR Promotes 10 Across Team
- ‘O.G.’ Star Jeffrey Wright On The Experience Of Shooting In Maximum Security Prison — Tribeca Studio