Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
Latest Film News
- CCH Pounder Rejoins ‘Avatar’ Team For Sequels
- Dwayne Johnson’s Apple Movie With Siri Dominating The Day
- ‘Captain Marvel,’ ‘Island Plaza’ & ‘Midway’ Among Films Awarded CA Tax Credits
- ‘Moonlight’ Helmer Barry Jenkins Set As Keynote Speaker At SXSW 2018
- Hasbro Shares Hit After Hollywood-Related Toy Sales Disappoint In Q2 Report
- Venice Critics’ Week Lineup Revealed; UK Debut ‘Pin Cushion’ To Open Section