Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Disney Channel Launching Toon Series 'Amphibia' & 'The Owl House', Renews 'Star Vs. The Forces Of Evil' For Season 4
Latest Film News
- Nanette Fabray Dies: Stage And TV Comic Actress Was 97
- Netflix, Matt Reeves To Win Auction For Matthew Baker Futuristic Short Story ‘Life Sentence’
- Notes On The Season: Russian & Syrian Politics Invade The Oscars, But Will It Affect The Vote?; Pasek And Paul Put On…
- Octavia Spencer, Isabela Moner, Tig Notaro Cast In Paramount’s ‘Instant Family’ Comedy
- Three Questions: A Conversation With This Year’s Best Foreign Language Film Nominees
- Ed Sheeran Teases His Next Movie – Berlin