Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Matt Groening Netflix Animated Comedy A Go With 20-Episode Order, Abbi Jacobson, Nat Faxon & Eric Andre Lead Voice Cast
Latest Film News
- Katherine Paterson YA Works Getting Movie & TV Treatment From Arcady Bay & Meteor 17
- Woody Allen Gets NY Film Fest Closing Slot With ‘Wonder Wheel’
- Rick Famuyiwa In Negotiations To Helm ‘Son Of Shaolin’ For Seven Bucks And Sony
- The Jackal Group Hires Susan Lierle As SVP Business & Legal Affairs
- ‘Valerian’ And The City Of A Thousand Misconceptions: Who’s On The Hook?
- Fox Sets Russo Brothers In Co-Finance & WW Distribution Deal For New Movie Projects