Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill Maher Under Gun Over Late-'90s Video Condoning Sex Between 33-Year-Old Teacher And 12-Year-Old Student
Latest Film News
- IMAX China 2016 Profits Fall 13% In Wake Of Box Office Slump
- Sen. Kamala Harris At CAA Take Action Day: We Are In “The Post-11/8 Era”
- Peter Bart: Gay Talese’s Famed “Frank Sinatra Has A Cold” Becomes Hot Movie Project
- ‘Nightwing’ Next Up To Bat As Warner Bros DC Pic
- CAA Take Action Day: Barbara Boxer On Meryl Streep, Kevin McCarthy On The Question Trump Asked Him Four Times
- Matt Ross To Direct TriStar’s Futuristic Crime Thriller ‘Tomorrow And Tomorrow’