Warner Bros just updated its release calender with a pair of additions. The horror movie Chernobyl Diaries is slated to open May 25, 2012. Diaries, from Alcon Entertainment, is set in Prypiat, the city that housed workers at the Chernobyl nuclear reactor. A group of friends vacationing in Europe become stranded in the abandoned city and discover they are not alone. Alcon has an output deal with WB. The supernatural love story Beautiful Creatures, also from Alcon, is scheduled to open February 1, 2013. Directed by Richard LaGravenese, the movie stars Viola Davis, Emma Thompson, Jack O’Connell and Alice Englert. LaGravenese is also adapting the novel by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. Filming is expected to begin in April in and around New Orleans.
Warner Bros Sets Dates For 'Chernobyl Diaries', 'Beautiful Creatures'
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes Winners: 'Shoplifters' Takes Palme D'Or; Spike Lee's 'BlacKkKlansman' Is Grand Prize - Full List
Royal Wedding: Prince Harry Tells Meghan Markle She "Looks Amazing", Bishop Curry's Speech And Other Unforgettable Moments
Rose McGowan Reads Hollywood Missive In Surprise 'Letters Live' NYC Appearance; Joins Benedict Cumberbatch, Edie Falco
'SNL' Finale Highlights: Tina Fey Dusts Off Sarah Palin Impersonation, Takes Celebs' Questions, Yes-Ands In 'Chicago Improv'
Latest Film News
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Swinging In As Second-Best Opening For R-Rated Pic With $125M
- 'No Blood Was Shed': Jury Head Cate Blanchett On Gender, Race And Choosing The 'Right' Palme D'Or
- Cannes: Human Stories And World Politics Are Deservedly Big Winners On The Cote d’Azur
- Netflix Gets North Am, Latin Am Rights To Cannes Award-Winners ‘Happy As Lazzaro’ And ‘Girl’
- Jury Prize Winner Nadine Labaki's 'Capernaum' Captures The Reality Of A Life in Hell For Lebanon's Invisible Generation…
- Disney Chairman/CEO Bob Iger Tweets Supporting Gun Control In Wake Of Texas Shootings