EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros pre-emptively acquired the script by first time screenwriters Mark Bianculli and Jeff Richard. Described as Rear Window in tone, mysterious events occur in The Waiting when two high school filmmakers decide to create the illusion of a haunting on an unsuspecting neighbor. The two scribes have been working their way up the ladder. Bianculli is currently a writer’s assistant on CBS’s Unforgettable, and previously a PA on FX’s Justified. Richard worked as a production assistant on NCSI: Los Angeles. Both writers worked as assistants at Industry Entertainment where they met Rosalie Swedlin. They’re now repped by Anonymous Content’s Swedlin and Elana Barry, who will also produce, and by WME’s Danny Greenberg and David Karp who negotiated the deal. Sarah Schechter and Chantal Nong will oversee for Warner Bros.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec 'The Waiting'
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Fleming Jr
- Ben Affleck, Others Stumping For Bradley Cooper's 'American Sniper' Performance
- Did Sony Or Exhibitors Kill 'The Interview?'
- Did We All Help North Korea Hackers Murder Free Speech This Week?
- Sony Pictures Acquires Robert Rodriguez & His Frank Frazetta Homage 'Fire And Ice'
- Anthony Mackie, Helmer Justin Simien 'Make A Wish' At Paramount