EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros pre-emptively acquired the script by first time screenwriters Mark Bianculli and Jeff Richard. Described as Rear Window in tone, mysterious events occur in The Waiting when two high school filmmakers decide to create the illusion of a haunting on an unsuspecting neighbor. The two scribes have been working their way up the ladder. Bianculli is currently a writer’s assistant on CBS’s Unforgettable, and previously a PA on FX’s Justified. Richard worked as a production assistant on NCSI: Los Angeles. Both writers worked as assistants at Industry Entertainment where they met Rosalie Swedlin. They’re now repped by Anonymous Content’s Swedlin and Elana Barry, who will also produce, and by WME’s Danny Greenberg and David Karp who negotiated the deal. Sarah Schechter and Chantal Nong will oversee for Warner Bros.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec 'The Waiting'
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Fleming Jr
- Steve Carell, Charlie Kaufman Lock 'I.Q. 83′; Viral Outbreak Dumbs Down World
- 'John Wick' Partners PalmStar & Thunder Road Make $200 Million Slate Financing Deal
- 'Sirens' Star Jessica McNamee Signs With Inspire
- Why Did Stephen Hawking Film 'Theory Of Everything' Take A Decade? Scribe Anthony McCarten Explains
- 'Star Wars Episode VII' Lead Daisy Ridley Signs With CAA
- James Wan Back At New Line For 'The Conjuring 2′ And Overall Producing Deal