EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros pre-emptively acquired the script by first time screenwriters Mark Bianculli and Jeff Richard. Described as Rear Window in tone, mysterious events occur in The Waiting when two high school filmmakers decide to create the illusion of a haunting on an unsuspecting neighbor. The two scribes have been working their way up the ladder. Bianculli is currently a writer’s assistant on CBS’s Unforgettable, and previously a PA on FX’s Justified. Richard worked as a production assistant on NCSI: Los Angeles. Both writers worked as assistants at Industry Entertainment where they met Rosalie Swedlin. They’re now repped by Anonymous Content’s Swedlin and Elana Barry, who will also produce, and by WME’s Danny Greenberg and David Karp who negotiated the deal. Sarah Schechter and Chantal Nong will oversee for Warner Bros.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec 'The Waiting'
What's Hot on Deadline
Harvey Weinstein On 'The Imitation Game,' Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
SAG Movies: Not Many Surprises But Hawking Vs. 'Birdman' Fires Up The Best Actor Oscar Race - Hammond
More From Fleming Jr
- ‘Me And Earl And The Dying Girl’ In Sundance Record-Setting Deal Talks
- Sony Pictures Classics Lands ‘Diary Of A Teenage Girl’ – Sundance
- Open Road & Sony Win Spectacular Auction For ‘Dope’ – Sundance
- Johnny Knoxville Brings ‘Being Evel’ To Sundance
- Harvey Weinstein On ‘The Imitation Game,’ Best Picture Dissing, Sony Hack, Netflix And Quentin Tarantino
- IFC Pays $3 Million For Jack Black Comedy ‘The D Train’ – Sundance