EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros pre-emptively acquired the script by first time screenwriters Mark Bianculli and Jeff Richard. Described as Rear Window in tone, mysterious events occur in The Waiting when two high school filmmakers decide to create the illusion of a haunting on an unsuspecting neighbor. The two scribes have been working their way up the ladder. Bianculli is currently a writer’s assistant on CBS’s Unforgettable, and previously a PA on FX’s Justified. Richard worked as a production assistant on NCSI: Los Angeles. Both writers worked as assistants at Industry Entertainment where they met Rosalie Swedlin. They’re now repped by Anonymous Content’s Swedlin and Elana Barry, who will also produce, and by WME’s Danny Greenberg and David Karp who negotiated the deal. Sarah Schechter and Chantal Nong will oversee for Warner Bros.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec 'The Waiting'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Furious 7' Drives To $1.12B Global, Busts China Records; 'Dragonball' Big In Japan - Intl B.O. Update
Latest Film News
- ‘The Little Prince’ Flies In With New International Trailer – Cannes
- Saban Films Decides To ‘Man Up'; Acquires RomCom Starring Simon Pegg – Tribeca
- Matthew Warchus Takes Reins At Old Vic; 2016 ‘Groundhog Day’ World Premiere Set
- Fandango Inks Multi-Year Pact With Marcus Theatres — CinemaCon
- Directors’ Fortnight Includes Takashi Miike, Jeremy Saulnier, ‘Dope’ – Cannes
- Cathy Schulman Heads To STX Entertainment As Top Production Exec