EXCLUSIVE: Warner Bros pre-emptively acquired the script by first time screenwriters Mark Bianculli and Jeff Richard. Described as Rear Window in tone, mysterious events occur in The Waiting when two high school filmmakers decide to create the illusion of a haunting on an unsuspecting neighbor. The two scribes have been working their way up the ladder. Bianculli is currently a writer’s assistant on CBS’s Unforgettable, and previously a PA on FX’s Justified. Richard worked as a production assistant on NCSI: Los Angeles. Both writers worked as assistants at Industry Entertainment where they met Rosalie Swedlin. They’re now repped by Anonymous Content’s Swedlin and Elana Barry, who will also produce, and by WME’s Danny Greenberg and David Karp who negotiated the deal. Sarah Schechter and Chantal Nong will oversee for Warner Bros.
Warner Bros Acquires Spec 'The Waiting'
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Takes Mark Cuban's Pre-Debate Bait; Campaign Manager Says No Trump Ticket For Gennifer Flowers
Latest Film News
- Oscars: Italy’s Foreign Language Entry ‘Fire At Sea’ Will Also Be Pushed In Documentary
- ‘Magnificent Seven’ Lassos $59.3M Worldwide & Record $34.7M U.S. Opening For Antoine Fuqua – Monday…
- Molly Parker, Miranda July & Newcomer Helena Howard Topline Indie Pic ‘Movie No. 1’
- L.A. OKs 17% Fee Hike For On-Location Fire Safety Officers
- Kyle Bornheimer Joins Netflix’s ‘Little Evil’; Mira Sorvino Goes ‘Behind The Glass’
- ‘Pacific Rim 2’ Adds ‘Emerald City’s Adria Arjona