EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames is set to star opposite Alfred Molina is David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General. Based on CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s upcoming novel Monday Mornings, the project follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. It uses as a backdrop the hospital’s Monday Morbidity and Mortality conference, considered the most secretive meeting in all of medicine, where doctors gather for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care. Rhames, who was pursued for multiple pilots this season, will play a physically imposing former professional football player who now is the most celebrated trauma chief in the country. In addition to Rhames and Molina, the cast of the project includes Bill Irwin, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnigan. Kelley and Gupta, who is a practicing neurosurgeon, are executive producing Chelsea General; Kelley’s frequent collaborator Bill D’Elia is set to direct the pilot. Rhames, whose credits include the Mission: Impossible franchise and series Gravity and Kojak, is with Innovative and Kramer Management.
Ving Rhames To Star In David E. Kelley's TNT Medical Drama Pilot 'Chelsea General'
What's Hot on Deadline
Bart & Fleming: What Leo Plays In Tarantino Film; Why Gender Argument On Wahlberg/Williams Was Wrong
'The Boys': Antony Starr, Chace Crawford, Dominique McElligott & Jessie Usher Cast In Amazon’s Superhero Drama Series
Latest TV News
- Passage Pictures Sets ‘My Eyes’ Series From Hot Israeli Duo Amir & Savyon; Will Also Remake Smash Feature ‘Maktub…
- Damon Lindelof Renews Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- Dylan Farrow Calls Actors In Woody Allen Movies “Complicit” In “Culture Of Silence”
- Andie MacDowell Joins BBC Three Comedy ‘Cuckoo’
- Hulu’s ‘The Looming Tower’ & AMC’s ‘The Terror’ Lead Berlin TV Lineup
- Carey Mulligan Hits Out At Lack Of “Fully Rounded” Film Roles For Women