EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames is set to star opposite Alfred Molina is David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General. Based on CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s upcoming novel Monday Mornings, the project follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. It uses as a backdrop the hospital’s Monday Morbidity and Mortality conference, considered the most secretive meeting in all of medicine, where doctors gather for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care. Rhames, who was pursued for multiple pilots this season, will play a physically imposing former professional football player who now is the most celebrated trauma chief in the country. In addition to Rhames and Molina, the cast of the project includes Bill Irwin, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnigan. Kelley and Gupta, who is a practicing neurosurgeon, are executive producing Chelsea General; Kelley’s frequent collaborator Bill D’Elia is set to direct the pilot. Rhames, whose credits include the Mission: Impossible franchise and series Gravity and Kojak, is with Innovative and Kramer Management.
Ving Rhames To Star In David E. Kelley's TNT Medical Drama Pilot 'Chelsea General'
What's Hot on Deadline
Meghan McCain Discovers Donald Trump Lies, Blasting Her Cancer-Stricken Father At CPAC After Promising To Stop
Latest TV News
- Fox News To Air Live Donald Trump Interview With Jeanine Pirro Tonight
- CNN Claims Father Of School Shooting Hero May Have Altered Email To Fuel “Fake News” Charges
- John Oliver, HBO Score Legal Victory Over Coal King: First Amendment Protects “Geriatric Dr. Evil” Jab
- Emma Chambers Dies: ‘Notting Hill’ Actress Was 53
- Team USA Strikes 1st Curling Gold But Olympics Ratings Slide To 2018 Low
- ‘The Blacklist’ Star Megan Boone Says Her FBI Character Will “Never Carry An Assault Rifle Again”