EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames is set to star opposite Alfred Molina is David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General. Based on CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s upcoming novel Monday Mornings, the project follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. It uses as a backdrop the hospital’s Monday Morbidity and Mortality conference, considered the most secretive meeting in all of medicine, where doctors gather for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care. Rhames, who was pursued for multiple pilots this season, will play a physically imposing former professional football player who now is the most celebrated trauma chief in the country. In addition to Rhames and Molina, the cast of the project includes Bill Irwin, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnigan. Kelley and Gupta, who is a practicing neurosurgeon, are executive producing Chelsea General; Kelley’s frequent collaborator Bill D’Elia is set to direct the pilot. Rhames, whose credits include the Mission: Impossible franchise and series Gravity and Kojak, is with Innovative and Kramer Management.
Ving Rhames To Star In David E. Kelley's TNT Medical Drama Pilot 'Chelsea General'
What's Hot on Deadline
Katniss Rules Wednesday On Track For $78M-$80M 5-Day; 'Good Dinosaur' Eyes $58M-$62M; 'Creed' Punching $39M-$42M
Pete Hammond's Notes On The Season: Eddie Redmayne Dines Out, Sly Stallone Trusts In Youth, And Leonardo Di Caprio Deserves The Medal Of Honor
Latest TV News
- French Media Dedicates Coverage To Emotional Memorial Service For Victims Of Paris Attacks
- ‘Luther’ Trailer: Idris Elba Returns To Track A New Serial Killer
- ‘Empire’ Ratings Unsurprisingly Down On Thanksgiving Eve, ‘Code Black’ Rises
- NBC’s Thanksgiving Parade Coverage Launches With Gloria Estefan Musical ‘On Your Feet!’
- History UK To Premiere Exclusive Documentary On Paris Attacks
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge