EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames is set to star opposite Alfred Molina is David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General. Based on CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s upcoming novel Monday Mornings, the project follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. It uses as a backdrop the hospital’s Monday Morbidity and Mortality conference, considered the most secretive meeting in all of medicine, where doctors gather for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care. Rhames, who was pursued for multiple pilots this season, will play a physically imposing former professional football player who now is the most celebrated trauma chief in the country. In addition to Rhames and Molina, the cast of the project includes Bill Irwin, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnigan. Kelley and Gupta, who is a practicing neurosurgeon, are executive producing Chelsea General; Kelley’s frequent collaborator Bill D’Elia is set to direct the pilot. Rhames, whose credits include the Mission: Impossible franchise and series Gravity and Kojak, is with Innovative and Kramer Management.
Ving Rhames To Star In David E. Kelley's TNT Medical Drama Pilot 'Chelsea General'
What's Hot on Deadline
Rashida Jones Praises Netflix For Backing "Risky" 'Hot Girls Wanted: Turned On' Docuseries - Sundance Studio
Latest TV News
- NBC News Fetes Tom Brokaw’s 50 Years At Network With Two-Hour Special
- ‘The Coroner’ Renewed For Season 2 By Investigation Discovery
- Carnival Films Hires BBC Studios’ Jessica Pope As Executive Producer
- ‘Underground’ EP On Responsibility Of Citizenship In New Season Of WGN America Series – Sundance Studio
- FranceTV Opens Feature Sales Unit With ‘The Red Collar’; Finland’s Aito Formats ‘Fake News’…
- Dick Clark Productions Partners With Twitter For Red Carpet Coverage Of Billboard Awards, ACMs And AMAs