EXCLUSIVE: Ving Rhames is set to star opposite Alfred Molina is David E. Kelley’s TNT medical drama pilot Chelsea General. Based on CNN chief medical correspondent Sanjay Gupta’s upcoming novel Monday Mornings, the project follows the lives of five surgeons as they push the limits of their abilities and confront their personal and professional failings. It uses as a backdrop the hospital’s Monday Morbidity and Mortality conference, considered the most secretive meeting in all of medicine, where doctors gather for a confidential review of complications and errors in patient care. Rhames, who was pursued for multiple pilots this season, will play a physically imposing former professional football player who now is the most celebrated trauma chief in the country. In addition to Rhames and Molina, the cast of the project includes Bill Irwin, Jamie Bamber and Jennifer Finnigan. Kelley and Gupta, who is a practicing neurosurgeon, are executive producing Chelsea General; Kelley’s frequent collaborator Bill D’Elia is set to direct the pilot. Rhames, whose credits include the Mission: Impossible franchise and series Gravity and Kojak, is with Innovative and Kramer Management.
Ving Rhames To Star In David E. Kelley's TNT Medical Drama Pilot 'Chelsea General'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $16M - Friday Matinees
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
Latest TV News
- Boy Meets ‘Girl Meets World’ In Massive ‘Boy Meets World’ Cast Reunion Photo
- ABC Discovers’ Digital Talent Competition Announces Winner
- Howard Dean: Donald Trump Is Our Brexit – TCA
- ‘Superior Donuts’: Darien Sills-Evans & Anna Baryshnikov Cast In New CBS Pilot
- HBO Orders New Alan Ball Series, Extends Overall Deal With ‘Six Feet Under’ Creator
- Chandra Levy Limited Series From Lawrence Kasdan In Works At TNT