The video is not from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus but was conceived by Scott and Damon Lindelof to be shown at the TED conference running now in Long Beach. Luke Scott directed the elaborate bit, which shows Guy Pearce’s character Peter Weyland addressing the annual thinkers confab in the “year of our Lord 2023.” There’s even a website for Weyland Industries. It’s a cool idea to introduce some of the film’s mythology without actually showing the film. Fox’s actual Prometheus pic is set for a June 8, 2012 release.
VIDEO: Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Hits The Lecture Circuit In Clever Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Avengers: Infinity War' Already The Best-Selling Superhero Movie In Advance Ticket Sales, Beating 'Black Panther'
'Black Panther' Still Boss At The B.O. Running Toward $600M+; 'Tomb Raider' At $22M-$24M - Midday Update
California Pol To Wolf Blitzer: Donald Trump "Spinning Out Of Control", Serious Security Threat, Has To Go
Netflix Boards Coming-Of-Age Slasher Movie With 'Stranger Things' Outfit 21 Laps And James Wan's Atomic Monster
Latest Film News
- Shia LaBeouf, Lucas Hedges To Star In ‘Honey Boy’
- ‘Augie’ Review: Fitness Giant’s ALS Struggle Makes For Moving Love Story
- ‘Can You Ever Forgive Me?’ First Look Trailer Showcases Melissa McCarthy As Literary Forger Lee Israel
- Saudi Arabia Fund Deal For Endeavor Stake Could Close In Week’s Time For $400M
- Female Director Scorecard: MGM’s ‘Taking Flight,’ Others In Wings
- Disney CEO Bob Iger Could Earn Up To $423 Million In Compensation, Advisory Firm Says