The video is not from Ridley Scott’s Prometheus but was conceived by Scott and Damon Lindelof to be shown at the TED conference running now in Long Beach. Luke Scott directed the elaborate bit, which shows Guy Pearce’s character Peter Weyland addressing the annual thinkers confab in the “year of our Lord 2023.” There’s even a website for Weyland Industries. It’s a cool idea to introduce some of the film’s mythology without actually showing the film. Fox’s actual Prometheus pic is set for a June 8, 2012 release.
VIDEO: Ridley Scott's 'Prometheus' Hits The Lecture Circuit In Clever Promo
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Latest Film News
- Oscars Security 2017: The Donald Trump Factor
- Holdovers Reign Over Presidents’ Day Weekend, But Why Did The New Releases Tank? – Monday Update
- First Sarah Jones Safety Grant Awarded On Third Year Mark Of Her Death
- Google & Microsoft To Demote Piracy Sites In UK Search Results
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?