EXCLUSIVE: UTA signed Sam Gold, a theater director the agency will help transition into features as he continue his prolific pace of stage work. That includes such works Annie Baker’s Circle Mirror Transformation at Playwrights Horizons and The Aliens at The Rattlestick theater, Bathsheba Doran’s Kin at Playwrights Horizons, and Nick Jones’ The Coward at Lincoln Center Theater. Gold made his Broadway directing debut this past fall with Theresa Rebeck’s Seminar at the Golden Theatre starring Alan Rickman, Lily Rabe and Jerry O’Connell. The Gold-directed production of John Osborne’s Look Back In Anger is currently running at the Roundabout Theatre, and Gold is now in rehearsal for Dan LeFranc’s The Big Meal at Playwrights Horizons. Gold is also prepping for his spring production of Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, adapted by Baker for Soho Rep. UTA will rep him in all areas as he continues to be managed by Mark Subias.
UTA Signs Theater Director Sam Gold
What's Hot on Deadline
'Beauty And The Beast' Nears $700M WW; 'Kong' Has Mighty $72M China Bow, Tops $250M Offshore - International Box Office
Sean Spicer Insists Donald Trump Plugged Judge Jeanine's Show Only Because He Is Fan, "Plain And Simple"
Latest Film News
- WGA West's Board Votes Tonight On Whether To Send Strike-Authorization Ballots To Members
- Paramount Sets Release Dates For ‘Suburbicon’, ‘Action Point’ & ‘A Quiet Place’…
- Amber Heard Attached To Star In ‘The Kind Worth Killing’
- No. 9 ‘Fantastic Beasts’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- No. 10 ‘Suicide Squad’ Box Office Profits – 2016 Most Valuable Movie Blockbuster Tournament
- Lionsgate Teams With Roadside For Jake Gyllenhaal Boston Marathon Bombing Drama ‘Stronger’; September Bow Planned