EXCLUSIVE: UTA signed Sam Gold, a theater director the agency will help transition into features as he continue his prolific pace of stage work. That includes such works Annie Baker’s Circle Mirror Transformation at Playwrights Horizons and The Aliens at The Rattlestick theater, Bathsheba Doran’s Kin at Playwrights Horizons, and Nick Jones’ The Coward at Lincoln Center Theater. Gold made his Broadway directing debut this past fall with Theresa Rebeck’s Seminar at the Golden Theatre starring Alan Rickman, Lily Rabe and Jerry O’Connell. The Gold-directed production of John Osborne’s Look Back In Anger is currently running at the Roundabout Theatre, and Gold is now in rehearsal for Dan LeFranc’s The Big Meal at Playwrights Horizons. Gold is also prepping for his spring production of Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, adapted by Baker for Soho Rep. UTA will rep him in all areas as he continues to be managed by Mark Subias.
UTA Signs Theater Director Sam Gold
What's Hot on Deadline
Arnold Schwarzenegger To Trump: "Send An Unequivocal Message That You Won't Stand For Hate And Racism"
After Horrific Summer At Box Office, 'It' Will Bring Life To Fall Marketplace With Potential $60M Opening
Latest Film News
- Hollywood Reacts Fast To Steve Bannon Axing: Rosie O’Donnell Suggests Place For Tiki Torch
- Foul Play Alleged In New York SAG-AFTRA Board Race
- ‘The Hitman’s Bodyguard’ Review: Odd-Couple Pairing Of Ryan Reynolds & Samuel L. Jackson Leads To Violent…
- Jessie T. Usher Tapped As Son Of Shaft; Samuel L. Jackson, Richard Roundtree Reprise
- Emmy Predictions: Actor In A Limited Series Or Movie
- ‘Marjorie Prime’ Arrives With Awards Hopes; ‘Patti Cake$’ Bows – Specialty B.O. Preview