EXCLUSIVE: UTA signed Sam Gold, a theater director the agency will help transition into features as he continue his prolific pace of stage work. That includes such works Annie Baker’s Circle Mirror Transformation at Playwrights Horizons and The Aliens at The Rattlestick theater, Bathsheba Doran’s Kin at Playwrights Horizons, and Nick Jones’ The Coward at Lincoln Center Theater. Gold made his Broadway directing debut this past fall with Theresa Rebeck’s Seminar at the Golden Theatre starring Alan Rickman, Lily Rabe and Jerry O’Connell. The Gold-directed production of John Osborne’s Look Back In Anger is currently running at the Roundabout Theatre, and Gold is now in rehearsal for Dan LeFranc’s The Big Meal at Playwrights Horizons. Gold is also prepping for his spring production of Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, adapted by Baker for Soho Rep. UTA will rep him in all areas as he continues to be managed by Mark Subias.
UTA Signs Theater Director Sam Gold
What's Hot on Deadline
Uma Thurman To Harvey Weinstein: "I'm Glad It's Going Slowly, You Don't Deserve A Bullet... Stay Tuned"
Journalism Schools Rescind Awards Given To Charlie Rose In Wake Of Sexual Misconduct Accusations — Update
Latest Film News
- ‘Coco’ Cooking $71M+; ‘Justice League’ At $59M+; ‘Wonder’ Wows At $31M+: Black…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: ‘Wonder’ Makes Awards Play; ‘Dunkirk’ Storms The Q&A Circuit; Netflix Sends A Pig…
- Kumail Nanjiani On How A Pitch To Judd Apatow About A Ghost Witch Movie Begat ‘The Big Sick’ – The…
- Exhibition Stocks Rise In Short Trading Session On Holiday Box Office Optimism
- ‘Arthur Miller: Writer’ Helmer Rebecca Miller Discusses Her Doc Portrait Of Father Arthur Miller
- Denis Villeneuve On His Love Of Sci-Fi, Working With Ridley Scott On ‘Blade Runner 2049’ & Revisiting ‘Dune’ – Behind…