EXCLUSIVE: UTA signed Sam Gold, a theater director the agency will help transition into features as he continue his prolific pace of stage work. That includes such works Annie Baker’s Circle Mirror Transformation at Playwrights Horizons and The Aliens at The Rattlestick theater, Bathsheba Doran’s Kin at Playwrights Horizons, and Nick Jones’ The Coward at Lincoln Center Theater. Gold made his Broadway directing debut this past fall with Theresa Rebeck’s Seminar at the Golden Theatre starring Alan Rickman, Lily Rabe and Jerry O’Connell. The Gold-directed production of John Osborne’s Look Back In Anger is currently running at the Roundabout Theatre, and Gold is now in rehearsal for Dan LeFranc’s The Big Meal at Playwrights Horizons. Gold is also prepping for his spring production of Chekhov’s Uncle Vanya, adapted by Baker for Soho Rep. UTA will rep him in all areas as he continues to be managed by Mark Subias.
UTA Signs Theater Director Sam Gold
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Morgan Freeman “Devastated” Over Allegations, Says “I Did Not Assault Women” In New Statement
- Conan O’Brien Casts Roger Ailes Movie: Who Will Gary Sinise Or Mick Jagger Play?
- ‘Sesame Street’ Bosses Grouchy With STX Over Melissa McCarthy Flick ‘Happytime Murders’
- ‘American Exit’ Picked Up For Distribution By Lionsgate, Grindstone Entertainment
- Haley Bennett-Starring ‘Swallow’ Rounds Out Cast
- Netflix And Telefónica Confirm Their Partnership On Twitter