The Film Group has secured exclusive nationwide rights to Ask Around Productions’ urban “un-romantic comedy” Exit Strategy. Starring Jameel Saleem, Kimelia Weathers, Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, with Big Boy (Entourage) and Kevin Hart (40 Year Old Virgin), the film centers on James (Saleem) who gets evicted from his apartment and moves in with his new girlfriend (Weathers) and discovers she’s everything he never wanted in a woman. He enlists best friends Carville (Harris), Leona (Balfour) and strangers played by Big Boy and Kevin Hart to craft a way out. Level 33 Entertainment negotiated the deal on behalf of Ask Around Entertainment (the distribution arm of Ask Around Productions) which produced the film with The Film Group on behalf of Rave Cinemas and Bow Tie Cinemas. Rave and Bow Tie will open the film at locations around the country beginning March 9th. Michael Whitton directed Exit Strategy from a screenplay by Jameel Saleem. Nationally-syndicated morning radio host Big Boy executive produced and helped finance through his company Ida’s Son Productions in association with Ask Around Productions. The company’s head Kellie Maltagliati produced with Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, an on-air personality at Philadelphia’s Radio One WPHI.
Urban Comedy 'Exit Strategy' Set For US Release With The Film Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Veterans 'Elementary', '2 Broke Girls', 'Criminal Minds' & 'Amazing Race' Among Series Left In Limbo After CBS Renewals
CBS Renews 5 Freshman & 11 Returning Series, Including 'MacGyver', 'Superior Donuts', 'Life In Pieces' & 'Hawaii Five-0'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Teaser Trailers Spotlight Batman, Aquaman & The Flash – Update
- Sony Update: New Candidate Emerges In Former Fox Exec Tony Vinciquerra
- AMPTP To Stuntwomen: If You See Something, Say Something
- Amy Pascal Wins Auction For Laura Dave Novel ‘Hello, Sunshine’; Author Scripting With ‘Spotlight’s…
- Emily Hampshire To Star In Indie ‘Never Saw It Coming’
- Will Sasso Joins ‘The Burning Woman’; Adrian Glynn McMorran Boards ‘Volition’