The Film Group has secured exclusive nationwide rights to Ask Around Productions’ urban “un-romantic comedy” Exit Strategy. Starring Jameel Saleem, Kimelia Weathers, Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, with Big Boy (Entourage) and Kevin Hart (40 Year Old Virgin), the film centers on James (Saleem) who gets evicted from his apartment and moves in with his new girlfriend (Weathers) and discovers she’s everything he never wanted in a woman. He enlists best friends Carville (Harris), Leona (Balfour) and strangers played by Big Boy and Kevin Hart to craft a way out. Level 33 Entertainment negotiated the deal on behalf of Ask Around Entertainment (the distribution arm of Ask Around Productions) which produced the film with The Film Group on behalf of Rave Cinemas and Bow Tie Cinemas. Rave and Bow Tie will open the film at locations around the country beginning March 9th. Michael Whitton directed Exit Strategy from a screenplay by Jameel Saleem. Nationally-syndicated morning radio host Big Boy executive produced and helped finance through his company Ida’s Son Productions in association with Ask Around Productions. The company’s head Kellie Maltagliati produced with Quincy “QDeezy” Harris, an on-air personality at Philadelphia’s Radio One WPHI.
Urban Comedy 'Exit Strategy' Set For US Release With The Film Group
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Why Nobody Chased ‘Alice Through The Looking Glass’: Memorial Day Box Office Postmortem
- Universal Changes ‘Pitch Perfect 3’ Release Date Again; ‘Girl Trip’ Moves In
- Weinstein Company Blasts Open Road & ‘Little Prince’ Producers Over $35M ‘Playmobil’ Breached Deal
- ‘Rogue One’: Re-Shoots But No Test Screening; Release Date Not Impacted
- Viacom Watchers Wonder: Who’d Step In If Sumner Redstone Cleans House?
- Cate Blanchett’s Broadway Debut With Chekhovian ‘The Present’ Sets House & Cast