EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Eliza Dushku To Star In ‘The Black Company’ Series Adaptation In Works By IM Global & David Goyer
- ‘Little Big Shots’ Ratings Down But Top Sunday, NBA Playoffs Rise Big Over 2016
- John Oliver Takes On Ivanka Trump & Jared Kushner On ‘Last Week Tonight’
- Fox Ramps Up Off-Cycle Development, Eyes Multiple Pilot Orders This Summer
- Coroner: ‘Happy Days’ Star Erin Moran Died Of Cancer – Update
- Disney Says Affiliate Deal Will Enable ABC Streams To Reach 90% Of Households