EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Uncharted' Reconfigured: 'Spider-Man Homecoming's Tom Holland To Play Young Nathan Drake For Shawn Levy
'Alien: Covenant' Adds $30M In 2nd Frame; 'Dangal' Pins $100M+ In China; 'Guardians 2' At $733M WW - International Box Office
Are Comedies In Peril On The Big Screen & Headed To Streaming? Ben Stiller, Adam Sandler & 'Meyerowitz' Cast Sound Off - Cannes
Latest TV News
- Disney/ABC TV Group Exec Kevin Brockman Joins Second Stage Theater Board
- Michael Flynn To Take 5Th And Refuse To Turn Records Over To Senate Intel Committee
- ‘Ben 10’ Renewed For Season 2 By Cartoon Network
- Katharine McPhee & Daniel Gillies To Topline Lifetime’s ‘The Lost Wife Of Robert Durst’
- Bob Beckel Accuser Retains Lawyer Behind Fox News Discrimination Suits
- ‘Friends From College’: Netflix Sets Premiere Date For Comedy Starring Keegan-Michael Key, Cobie Smulders & Fred Savage…