EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Trisha Espinosa Upped To Head Of Planning & Content Strategy For MTV, VH1, Logo Group
- Donald Trump Lays Out Plans For “Win” In Afghanistan
- New York Talent Agent Who Vanished A Week Ago Still Missing
- ‘Grace And Frankie’ Emmy-Nominated Production Designer Devorah Herbert Brings Warmth To Odd Couple Comedy
- ABC Nabs ‘Romeos & Juliets’ CIA Light Drama From Julie Anne Robinson, Jay Scherick & David Ronn As…
- SAG-AFTRA Presidential Candidate Peter Antico Has Plan To Reshape Union