EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jared Kushner Repeats "I Did Not Collude" Doctrine In Rare Public Speech After Meeting With Senate Intel Staff
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
Latest TV News
- Donald Trump: Obamacare Wreaked Havoc On America For ’17 Years’
- Jake Paul Sets New Gig Post ‘Bizvaardvark’
- Cable Cooperative Agrees To Offer Sony’s PlayStation Vue Video Service
- Apple TV Launches ‘Brown Sugar’ VOD Service That Includes ‘Jackie Brown,’ ‘Car Wash,’ & Other African-American…
- Univision Promotes Tonia O’Conner To Chief Revenue Officer, A New Position
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates For TGIT, ‘Black-ish’, ‘The Good Doctor’ & ‘The Gospel Of Kevin’, Which Gets…