EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest TV News
- CNN Gun Violence Town Hall Trounces Competition In Early Tally
- ‘Killing Eve’: First Trailer For BBC America Drama Starring Sandra Oh & Jodie Comer
- ‘Safe Harbor’: Josh Randall & Vanessa Vasquez Cast In ABC Drama Pilot
- ‘Harry & Meghan’: Lifetime’s ‘A Royal Romance’ Casts Its Prince William…
- Tiffany Haddish Set To Host 2018 MTV Movie & TV Awards
- ‘The Flash’: Candice Patton Suits Up As Superhero For The First Time