EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest TV News
- Government Poised To File Suit To Block AT&T-Time Warner Deal: Reports
- Art Directors Guild Sets Norm Newberry For Career Award
- ‘One Day She’ll Darken’: Connie Nielsen Cast In Patty Jenkins’ TNT Series
- Syfy’s ‘The Magicians’ Gets Season 3 Premiere Date & Trailer
- NBC Sets Golden Globes 75th Anniversary Special
- E! Buys ‘Juicy Stories’ Dramedy From Michael Patrick King, Amy Harris & Juicy Couture Founders With…