EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fear The Walking Dead' Finale: Gale Anne Hurd On Season 2, 'Walking Dead' Season 6 & No Zombie Apocalypse Crossover
'The Martian' Suspended Between $55M-$56M; 'The Walk's Hang-Up In Large Format - Sunday B.O. Postmortem
Latest TV News
- Disney Racks Up Strong Sales For Shondaland’s ‘The Catch’ And ABC Studio’s ‘The Muppets’…
- Lauren Zalaznick To Produce Feminism Video Docu-Series ‘A Woman’s Place’
- AwesomenessTV Expands Overseas With Endemol Shine Deal – Mipcom
- HBO’s ‘Psi’, ‘Engrenages’ Among International Emmy Award Nominees
- SundanceTV Joins ‘The Last Panthers’ As Co-Producer; Partners With Zodiak On ‘Rebellion’ – Mipcom…
- Keshet International Options Chinese Comedy ‘Dating Hunter’ For U.S. – Mipcom