EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Gary Oldman Spent 200 Hours In Make-Up Chair To Become Winston Churchill In 'Darkest Hour' -- CinemaCon
Jennifer Lawrence Becomes A 'Red Sparrow': 20th Century Fox Unveils Intense Spy Trailer At CinemaCon
Latest TV News
- Tyler Labine To Co-Star In ‘Hannah Royce’s Questionable Choices’ CBS Pilot
- Endemol Shine North America Names Marisa Hammonds SVP Digital, Marketing & Research
- ‘NCIS: New Orleans’ EP Chris Silber Inks Overall Deal With CBS TV Studios
- ‘Power Rangers’ TV Actor Sentenced To Prison For Killing Roommate
- ‘Lost In Space’: Raza Jaffrey Set To Recur In Netflix Series Remake
- Adam Schiff Questions “Cloak And Dagger Stuff” When NYT Reports Team Trump Helped Get Info To Devin Nunes