EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
NBCUni Consolidates USA & Syfy In New Network Group Led By Chris McCumber, Syfy's Dave Howe Segues To New Post, Bill McGoldrick To Head All Scripted
Latest TV News
- Colm Feore, Alex Kingston & Jacob Vargas Cast In Hulu Comedy Pilot ‘Crushed’
- Samantha Bee’s ‘Full Frontal’ Premiere Seen By 2.2M Across Turner Networks
- ‘The White Queen’ Sequel ‘The White Princess’ Greenlighted By Starz
- ‘Vinyl’ Review: Martin Scorsese & Mick Jagger’s HBO Series Rocks
- BET Taps Brie Miranda Bryant As SVP Unscripted, Original Programming
- Glenn Fleshler Joins HBO’s Comedy Pilot ‘Barry’; Matt Barr In Amazon’s ‘The Interestings’