EXCLUSIVE: Tyler Labine is set to co-star opposite Justin Kirk in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot Animal Kingdom. Also cast in the office comedy is actor-comedian Bobby Lee (Harold & Kumar). Animal Kingdom, from Universal TV and American Work, centers on a House-like veterinarian, Dr. George Coleman (Kirk), who loves animals but usually hates their owners. Labine will play Dr. Doug Jackson, George’s fellow veterinarian and friend who is trying to get over a breakup. Lee will play Dr. Kim, another vet who loves gambling and partying. Brian Gatewood and Alex Tanaka wrote the script and are executive producing with Anthony and Joe Russo, who are directing, Scot Armstrong and Ravi Nandan. Labine, whose series credits include Reaper, Sons Of Tucson and Mad Love, was recently seen in Rise Of The Planet of The Apes. He is with CAA and manager Tyman Stewart. MadTV alum Lee, repped by CAA, will next be seen in Sacha Baron Cohen’s The Dictator.
Tyler Labine & Bobby Lee To Co-Star In NBC's Comedy Pilot 'Animal Kingdom'
What's Hot on Deadline
Alamo Drafthouse Chief Tim League Shares Ideas For Gender-Neutral Restrooms At Austin Theater Location
Latest TV News
- Deadline’s The Contenders Emmys Video: ‘You Me Her’ Roars Into TV’s New Sexual Frontier
- Starz Moving ‘Power’ & ‘Survivor’s Remorse’ To Sundays
- Beth Howland Dies: Actress Who Played Vera On ‘Alice’ Was 74
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Producers Apologize For Sunday’s Episode
- ‘The Americans’ To End Run With Two-Season Final Renewal By FX, EPs Ink Deals
- 'The Kennedys: After Camelot': Brett Donahue Cast As John F. Kennedy Jr. In Reelz Mini