Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
White House Reporter Dares To Stream Audio Of White House Press Briefing Live; Republic Still Standing
'Hawaii Five-0': Ian Anthony Dale Upped To Regular, Meaghan Rath & Beulah Koale Join Cast After Shake-Up
Jay Leno's Final 'Tonight Show': Obama Appoints Him Ambassador To Antarctica While Billy Crystal, Oprah Winfrey, Garth Brooks And More Serenade Host: Video
Latest TV News
- TV News Legal Pundits Predict Parole For O.J. Simpson At Today’s Hearing
- O.J. Simpson Documentary Special Set At A&E For October Premiere
- Ryan Seacrest Returns To Host ABC’s ‘American Idol’; Keeps ‘Kelly & Ryan’ Gig
- Deadline’s PMC, Hollywood Filmmakers & Sports Teams Back Launch Of National Heroes Day
- BBC Partners With James Corden’s Fulwell 73 For Live Music Show
- Evan Helmuth Dies: ‘The Devil Inside’ Actor Was 40