Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Last Jedi' Now Opening To $219M+: How Disney Continues To Win With The 'Star Wars' Franchise - Update
California Wildfires Spread: Thomas Fire Mandates Santa Barbara Evacs, Threatens Montecito Celebrity Homes
Director Terry Zwigoff Joins Peter Jackson, Mira Sorvino & Ashley Judd In Claiming Weinstein Blacklist; Hollywood Reacts
Latest TV News
- Sam Rockwell To Host ‘Saturday Night Live’ In January
- ‘SNL’: Alec Baldwin Ends War On Christmas As Omarosa Begs Forgiveness
- Gretchen Carlson To Former Fox Colleague Bill O’Reilly: “Who Are U Fooling?”
- XFL Return Rumored As WWE Head Vince McMahon Forms New Investment Venture
- ‘SNL’ Cast Member Pete Davidson Shows Off Hillary Clinton Tattoo
- Agent Olivia Metzger Leaving CAA; Clients Include Jeff Glor, Hoda Kotb: Report