Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Hitman's Bodyguard' Flexes Muscle With $21M+ During The Lowest-Grossing Weekend Of 2017 To Date - Sunday AM
Looking Under 'Logan Lucky's Hood As 'Hitman's Bodyguard' Stands Tall With $21M Opening - Saturday AM Update
'This Is Us': Creator Dan Fogelman & Cast Tease Even More Details About Season 2 - Deadline Emmy Panel
Latest TV News
- How ‘Fargo’ Editor Curtis Thurber Transitioned From Assisting An Emmys Perennial To Becoming One Himself
- Emmy Predictions: Outstanding Limited Series
- Is Trump Unfit? Racist? Ill? CNN Host Poses “Out Of Bounds” Questions
- No News Blackout on Total Eclipse Coverage By TV, Online Outlets
- Dick Gregory Dies: The Legendary Stand-Up Comedian And Civil Rights Activist Was 84
- Anthony Scaramucci Signs With Hollywood PR Firm — Report