Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest TV News
- Isabella Rossellini Talks Movies, Makeup & How Brando’s ‘Godfather’ Inspired Her ‘Shut Eye’ Role – The…
- ‘The Voice’ Tops ‘Dancing With the Stars’ As Both Eye Finale Lows
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Trailer: First Extended Look At Season 7
- Freeform Hires Tricia Melton As SVP Marketing
- Diane Keaton’s AFI Life Achievement Tribute Sets TNT Airdate, Cinematographer Also To Be Feted
- Ellen DeGeneres Eyes Stand-Up Return With Netflix Comedy Special