Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
Tom Rothman Takes A Shot At Netflix As He Reveals The "New Sony"; Plus 'Spiderman' Interview - CinemaCon
Sony CinemaCon Presentation: 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', 'Blade Runner 2049', 'Dark Tower', 'Emoji Movie' & More - Live
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Puts Jared Kushner In Charge Of Bureau Of Obvious Nepotism
- Fox News Clocks Record Ratings As Cable News Nets Enjoy Donald Trump’s First Quarter In White House
- Barclays Bank Launches $125M UK TV Production Fund
- ‘Sherlock’s Mark Gatiss To Curate BBC’s ‘Queers’; ‘Berlin Station’ Rolls Into Europe…
- Archie Panjabi, Jack Davenport Wedded To ITV Family Thriller ‘Next Of Kin’
- ‘Cat Meets Dog’: Fur Flies – Or Doesn’t – In New Animal Planet Series With Jackson Galaxy