Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Keeps B.O. Treasure From 'Tomb Raider'; How 'I Can Only Imagine' Hit A $17M High Note
'Triple Frontier' Finally Going: Affleck, Isaac, Pascal, Hunnam, Hedlund, Arjona In JC Chandor's Lineup
Peter Bart: Donald Trump's Nightmare, Stormy Daniels Has A Secret Side As Prolific Film Director With Skills
Latest TV News
- WGA Not Alone in Challenging TV Packaging Deals; 9th Circuit To Rule In Legal Case
- ‘The Code’: Mira Sorvino To Star In CBS Drama Pilot
- Mike O’Gorman Joins Fox’s Erin Foster Comedy Pilot; CW’s ‘Playing Dead’ Casts Curran Walters
- UK’s Channel 4 Exposes CEO Of Trump Consultant Cambridge Analytica: “We’re Used To Operating In The Shadows”…
- Jenna Dewan Tatum To Star In Fox Musical Drama Pilot ‘Mixtape’
- ‘Designated Survivor’: Nora Zehetner Set To Recur On ABC Drama Series