Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pirates' Hopes To Make Waves Around The World With $230M+ Launch - Memorial Day Weekend Box Office Preview
'The Pirates Of The Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' Review: Johnny Depp And A Couple Of Oscar Winners Help Keep This Fun Ride Afloat
Latest TV News
- ‘Andi Mack’ Gets Season 2 Renewal From Disney Channel
- ‘Power’: Hulu Lands Streaming Rights To Starz Drama Series
- Sean Hannity Will Be Back, Fox Confirms: Naysayers “Are Going To Look Foolish”
- ‘Get Shorty’ Trailer: First Look At Chris O’Dowd & Ray Romano Epix Starrer
- ‘Empire’ EP On Tonight’s Fiery Finale, Next Season’s Reset & Not Mentioning Trump
- Baz Luhrmann Reflects On ‘The Get Down’ Cancellation: “I'll See You On the Other-Side”