Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
Video - Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood's Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: 'Saturday Night Live'
WGA Awards: 'Spotlight' & 'The Big Short' Take Marquee Film Honors; 'Mad Men', 'Veep' & 'Mr. Robot' Top TV - Full List
Latest TV News
- Battling Republicans On CBS Fuel Highest-Rated Debate Of 2016
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Slip With Host Melissa McCarthy
- Video – Kanye West & Kyle Mooney’s Rap Duel: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Spoofs Hollywood’s Audience Test Screenings & Cracks Up Leslie Jones: ‘Saturday Night Live…
- Video – Melissa McCarthy Palms Fellow Cat Lady Kate McKinnon: ‘Saturday Night Live’
- ‘Purity’ Drama Starring Daniel Craig From Scott Rudin Eyes Series Order