Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek Discovery' EPs Alex Kurtzman & Akiva Goldsman On "Burnham's Dilemma" & Michelle Yeoh Shocker
Latest TV News
- ‘The Affair’: Sanaa Lathan Set To Recur On Season 4 Of Showtime Series
- Facebook Watch 'Working Spectacularly' for Discovery-backed Group Nine—Ad Week
- ‘Grown-ish’: Abraham D. Juste Set To Recur In ‘Black-ish’ Spinoff
- HBO Sets Premiere Date For Ben Bradlee Doc ‘The Newspaperman’
- Stana Katic Thriller ‘Absentia’ Sets Overseas Premiere Dates On Sony’s AXN
- Megyn Kelly Unironically Complains Media Has “Gotten So Dark” In ‘Today’ Launch