Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
Popular Japanese Title 'Attack On Titan' Eyed By Warner Bros. For 'Fantastic Beasts' Producer David Heyman
'Comedians In Cars Getting Coffee' Moves To Netflix As Part Of Big Jerry Seinfeld Deal That Includes Specials & Series
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $27.5M Weekend, 'Rogue' Passes $500M, Other Movies Bomb Over MLK - Box Office Final
Latest TV News
- Keegan-Michael Key On ‘Playing House’ & Voicing Presidential Anger – TCA
- Brian Grazer On Indie Imagine TV, ‘Legacy’ Timing & Why ‘24’ Movie Didn’t Happen
- Ovation TV Acquires ‘Versailles’ Season 2; ‘Taboo’ Sells To Multiple Territories – NATPE
- CBS Picks Up Dana Klein/Mark Feuerstein Comedy, Andy Weir NASA Drama To Pilot
- Team Trump Fires Back At Ex-‘Apprentice’ Contestant’s “Absurd” Lawsuit Over His Denial Of Her Sex Assault Claim…
- Nexstar Completes $4.6B Acquisition Of Media General