Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Spinoff 'The Perfectionists' Starring Sasha Pieterse & Janel Parrish Gets Freeform Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- 3 Arts Taps Magical Elves Exec Dunia McNeily As Manager
- Rob McElhenney & Rob Rosell Comedy Gets Fox Production Commitment
- Fox News Channel’s New Daytime Lineup Showcases Harris Faulkner, Dana Perino, Sandra Smith
- Fox & ‘Who Shot Biggie and Tupac?’ Producers Say Sorry Over Wrong Cop Photo Shown In Docu
- ‘Young Sheldon’ & ‘Good Doctor’ Debut To Strong Ratings As New TV Season Starts
- Pinewood Television JV Fully Acquired By Peter Gerwe’s StoryFirst