Here is a trailer for HBO’s Girls, the series debut of feature prodigy Lena Dunham (Tiny Furniture). Dunham wrote, directed and stars in the comedy series about twentysomething girls in New York that she executive produces with Judd Apatow and Jenni Konner. At TCA last month, Dunham said she grew up on HBO’s Sex And The City. Facing the inevitable comparisons, she called her “girls” the generation who expected to move to New York and have a great boyfriend, great job and “an elegant shoe closet” like the Sex And The City women — but it didn’t happen. As her character says in the trailer, she thinks she may be “the voice of my generation, or at least a voice of a generation.” While Dunham made a name for herself with her $25,000 breakout feature Tiny Furniture, she is joined in the cast of Girls by two young actresses who are the offspring of famous fathers: Brian Williams’ daughter Allison Williams and David Mamet’s daughter Zosia Mamet. Girls premieres April 15.
TV TRAILER: Lena Dunham/Judd Apatow's New HBO Comedy Series 'Girls'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Baby Driver' Starts Its Engine Tuesday Night; 'Wonder Woman' Beating 'Suicide Squad' With $325M+ Running Cume
Latest TV News
- ‘Pretty Little Liars’ Series Finale Ratings Rise Over 2016, Dominates Social Media
- ‘Game Of Thrones’ Tom Wlaschiha Cast In TNT Drama Pilot ‘The Deep Mad Dark’
- Donald Trump Posts Second James O’Keefe CNN-Attack Video On Instagram
- Netflix Developing ‘Tales Of The City’ Revival With Laura Linney & Olympia Dukakis
- FX Networks Promotes Colette Wilson To SVP Current Series; Pair Upped To VP
- ‘World Of Dance’ Ratings Rise, ‘iZombie’ Falls To Finale Low, NBC Wins Night