EXCLUSIVE: TV Land’s streak of every freshman series going to a second season continues. The cable network has renewed its latest original sitcom, The Exes. Its sophomore season will premiere in June along with the network’s newest comedy, Hot In Cleveland spinoff Have Faith starring Cedric the Entertainer and Niecy Nash. The Exes, created by Frasier alum Mark Reisman, stars Donald Faison, Wayne Knight, David Alan Basche, Kelly Stables and Kristen Johnston. To date, it has averaged 1.5 million total viewers in Live+7, .65 in Adults 25-54 rating and a .81 in Women 25-54. In live viewing, the series started off with 1.4 million viewers and has recently averaged around 1 million but TV Land makes its pickup decisions largely on Live+7 data as its shows are heavily DVR-ed. “The Exes has proven to be an excellent addition to our primetime lineup,” said TV Land president Larry W. Jones. “This cast of seasoned comedy performers and a writing team led by Mark Riesman are what keep our viewers coming back week after week.” The Exes revolves around divorce attorney Holly (Johnston) as she introduces her newly-single client Stuart (Basche) to his new roommates – ladies’ man Phil (Faison) and homebody Haskell (Knight), who share an apartment which Holly owns. With the pickup, The Exes joins TV Land’s previous original sitcoms Hot In Cleveland, Retired at 35 and Happily Divorced, all of which were renewed for a second season.
TV Land Renews 'The Exes' For Season 2
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bill Burr To Star In FX Comedy Pilot From 'It's Always Sunny In Philadelphia' Team
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- ABC Pilot 'Clementine' Stays Alive With New Cast Extension, Eyes Summer Run
- Alyssa Milano Exits ABC's 'Mistresses'
- NBC Buys Legal Drama From Matt Lopez & John Glenn
- Julianna Margulies Inks Production Deal With CBS Studios