It’s amazing how much TV viewers care about a little show of nipple. At least that seems to explain why Jennifer Lopez’s joint appearance with Cameron Diaz to present the award for Best Costume Design and Makeup was the most-viewed moment among TiVo DVR users who watched last night’s Oscars live or up to 12 hours after it aired. Their appearance had 14.1% more viewings than the average for the rest of the show, TiVo says based on data from 300,000 of its customers. The company counts the number of times a moment is played or re-played — so it could be inflated by multiple viewings on a few TV sets. Messages indicating that Lopez’s dress revealed more than viewers commonly see in primetime spread through Twitter and other social networks immediately after her appearance. The second-most-watched moment, at 13.5% above average, came nearly an hour later when Robert Downey Jr. and Gwyneth Paltrow presented the award for Best Documentary. Meryl Streep’s victory as Best Actress was close behind, with 13.3% more viewings than average. As for the least-watched moments, they were the acceptance speeches for Sound Mixing (9.8% below average), Original Score (-8.2%), and Visual Effects (-7.3%).
TiVo: Jennifer Lopez Starred In Oscar Night's Most-Viewed TV Moment
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
Latest Film News
- China Film Bureau Names Wang Xiaohui As New Head Of Department
- James Bond 25 Sets Distribution: Universal Wins International, MGM Releases Domestic Through Annapurna Joint Venture
- ‘Solo: A Star Wars Story’ Review: Han, Chewy & Lando Save The Day In Rip-Roarin’ Origin Story
- Harvey Weinstein Expected To Do Perp Walk Friday When He Surrenders To NYPD
- Lobo Sebastian Cast In ‘The Mule & ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Martha Kelly Joins ‘Corporate Animals…
- ‘Star Wars’ Boba Fett Spinoff Said To Be Back On Track With James Mangold