EXCLUSIVE: Hot off directing The Vow, which opened at No.1 this past weekend with a whopping $41.2 million, Michael Sucsy has been tapped to direct ABC’s drama pilot Scruples. Executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman, the project is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the pilot and executive produce with Portman, Annette Savitch and Krantz for Krantz’s Flame Ventures and Warner Bros. TV. This marks the pilot debut for Sucsy who co-wrote, directed and executive produced the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning HBO movie Grey Gardens starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. He made his feature debut with the romantic drama The Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.
'The Vow' Helmer Michael Sucsy To Direct ABC Drama Pilot 'Scruples'
What's Hot on Deadline
Daniel Craig And Katherine Heigl Finalizing Deals To Join Steven Soderbergh's 'Logan Lucky' As James Bond News Surfaces
Latest TV News
- Bernie Sanders Takes ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ Victory Lap After Donald Trump Takes Debate Bait
- LA Screenings Buzz: The Hottest Titles, Boom Of Remakes & Hunt For Procedurals
- ‘Bloodline’ Season 2 Review: Riveting Netflix Drama Gets Darker & Better
- Agent Ken Stovitz Departing Paradigm To Join MGMT As Manager/Producer
- Neil Brown Jr. Joins HBO’s ‘Insecure’; Jamie Ward In FX’s ‘Tyrant’
- Full 2015-16 TV Season Series Rankings: ‘Blindspot’, ‘Life In Pieces’ & ‘Quantico’ Lead…