EXCLUSIVE: Hot off directing The Vow, which opened at No.1 this past weekend with a whopping $41.2 million, Michael Sucsy has been tapped to direct ABC’s drama pilot Scruples. Executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman, the project is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the pilot and executive produce with Portman, Annette Savitch and Krantz for Krantz’s Flame Ventures and Warner Bros. TV. This marks the pilot debut for Sucsy who co-wrote, directed and executive produced the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning HBO movie Grey Gardens starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. He made his feature debut with the romantic drama The Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.
'The Vow' Helmer Michael Sucsy To Direct ABC Drama Pilot 'Scruples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest TV News
- Wendy Pepper Dies: Contestant On First Season Of ‘Project Runway’ Was 53
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- ‘True Detective’: Carmen Ejogo To Star In Season 3 Of HBO Anthology Series
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Eva Longoria Teams With David Schulner & Nisha Ganatra For ‘Lucky Boy’ Immigrant Drama Series Based On Book
- Ryan Seacrest Denies Behaving “Inappropriately” To E! Stylist, Channel Investigating