EXCLUSIVE: Hot off directing The Vow, which opened at No.1 this past weekend with a whopping $41.2 million, Michael Sucsy has been tapped to direct ABC’s drama pilot Scruples. Executive produced by Tony Krantz and Natalie Portman, the project is based on the 1978 bestselling book by Krantz’s mother, Beverly Hills novelist Judith Krantz, who also penned a sequel in 1992, and centers on a rich and powerful clothing designer in a world of sex, revenge and scandal. Bob Brush and Mel Harris wrote the pilot and executive produce with Portman, Annette Savitch and Krantz for Krantz’s Flame Ventures and Warner Bros. TV. This marks the pilot debut for Sucsy who co-wrote, directed and executive produced the Emmy and Golden Globe-winning HBO movie Grey Gardens starring Drew Barrymore and Jessica Lange. He made his feature debut with the romantic drama The Vow starring Rachel McAdams and Channing Tatum.
'The Vow' Helmer Michael Sucsy To Direct ABC Drama Pilot 'Scruples'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Creed' Sets Tuesday Preview Record As Thanksgiving B.O. Heats Up, 'The Good Dinosaur' Isn't Far Behind
Latest TV News
- ‘Second Chance’ Trailer: Basically The Six Million Dollar Scrooge
- ‘Empire’ Online Store Launched To Swag Up Your Christmas
- Viacom CEO Philippe Dauman Says Sumner Redstone “Engaged & Attentive” In Response To Lawsuit
- Frank Gifford’s Family Donating His Brain To Medical Research After CTE Diagnosis
- NY Supreme Court Postpones Decision On Plea To Bar DraftKings And FanDuel
- ‘Animals’ Animated Comedy From Duplass Brothers Gets HBO Premiere Date