BREAKING… Huge online movie ticket seller Fandango Wednesday began advance sales for Lionsgate’s upcoming thriller The Hunger Games. And already it’s exclipsing Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Fandango’s biggest first day advance ticket-seller in its 12-year company history. Hundreds of Hunger showtimes are already sold out for the March 23 opening. Even though the film doesn’t open for another month, the first-day ticket sales yesterday broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by Eclipse on May 14, 2010. “The Hunger Games is off to a fantastic start,” Rick Butler, EVP/General Manager of Fandango said in today’s statement. “Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company’s nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel.” Fandango says theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes. Looks like Lionsgate has a humongous hit on its hands, although the box office could always prove frontloaded because of the advance ticket sales.
'The Hunger Games' Doing 'Twilight' Saga-Big Online Advance Ticket Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Battling For No. 1; 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Saturday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Battling For No. 1; ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- Swoosie Kurtz On ‘Mike & Molly,’ Mom And Her First Tony Award Nomination
- ‘Tomorrowland’ Limited Release While ‘Poltergeist’ Grabs Strong $1.4M – Box Office Thursday
- Jennifer Connelly & Cillian Murphy Go ‘Aloft’ – Specialty Box Office Preview
- Amanda Seyfried, Thomas Sadoski Get Hot’N’Bothered In Neil LaBute’s ‘The Way We Get By…