BREAKING… Huge online movie ticket seller Fandango Wednesday began advance sales for Lionsgate’s upcoming thriller The Hunger Games. And already it’s exclipsing Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Fandango’s biggest first day advance ticket-seller in its 12-year company history. Hundreds of Hunger showtimes are already sold out for the March 23 opening. Even though the film doesn’t open for another month, the first-day ticket sales yesterday broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by Eclipse on May 14, 2010. “The Hunger Games is off to a fantastic start,” Rick Butler, EVP/General Manager of Fandango said in today’s statement. “Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company’s nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel.” Fandango says theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes. Looks like Lionsgate has a humongous hit on its hands, although the box office could always prove frontloaded because of the advance ticket sales.
'The Hunger Games' Doing 'Twilight' Saga-Big Online Advance Ticket Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Universal Wins 'The Grownup'; 'Gone Girl' Author Gillian Flynn Short Story Sells In High-Six-Figure Deal
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Deadpool’ Whipping Mr. Grey’s February Records With $41M+ Friday, Amazing $115M+ 4-day
- Paramount Dates A Trio Of ‘Transformers’ Sequels; Collides With ‘Wonder Woman’, ‘Godzilla 2…
- Samantha Bee Vs. The Guys On Late Night, Plus: The Coming Tony Awards Wars? – Gerard & Roth
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- ‘Deadpool’ Very Much Alive In $12M Overseas Open; $80M Intl Weekend Ahead?
- Scott Rudin & Aaron Sorkin Will Bring ‘To Kill A Mockingbird’ To Broadway