BREAKING… Huge online movie ticket seller Fandango Wednesday began advance sales for Lionsgate’s upcoming thriller The Hunger Games. And already it’s exclipsing Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Fandango’s biggest first day advance ticket-seller in its 12-year company history. Hundreds of Hunger showtimes are already sold out for the March 23 opening. Even though the film doesn’t open for another month, the first-day ticket sales yesterday broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by Eclipse on May 14, 2010. “The Hunger Games is off to a fantastic start,” Rick Butler, EVP/General Manager of Fandango said in today’s statement. “Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company’s nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel.” Fandango says theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes. Looks like Lionsgate has a humongous hit on its hands, although the box office could always prove frontloaded because of the advance ticket sales.
'The Hunger Games' Doing 'Twilight' Saga-Big Online Advance Ticket Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fate Of The Furious' Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend - Sunday AM Update
'Fate Of The Furious' Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops 'Transformers' In China - International Box Office
Latest Box Office News
- Docs 'Citizen Jane' & 'Jeremiah Tower' Rule Quiet Weekend – Specialty B.O.
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Fires Up $745M Offshore, $908M WW; Tops ‘Transformers’ In China – International…
- Max Winkler’s Teenage Comedy ‘Flower’ Plants Itself At The Orchard – Tribeca
- ‘Fate Of The Furious’ Drives Five Wide Releases Off The Road With $38.6M Second Weekend – Sunday AM Update
- ‘Deadpool 2’, ‘New Mutants’ & ‘Dark Phoenix’ Find 2018 Dates Among Fox’s Slew Of Release Changes…
- John Turturro On His ‘Hair’ & How Indie Filmmaking Has Changed: “The Medium-Sized Film Has Gone Away”…