BREAKING… Huge online movie ticket seller Fandango Wednesday began advance sales for Lionsgate’s upcoming thriller The Hunger Games. And already it’s exclipsing Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Fandango’s biggest first day advance ticket-seller in its 12-year company history. Hundreds of Hunger showtimes are already sold out for the March 23 opening. Even though the film doesn’t open for another month, the first-day ticket sales yesterday broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by Eclipse on May 14, 2010. “The Hunger Games is off to a fantastic start,” Rick Butler, EVP/General Manager of Fandango said in today’s statement. “Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company’s nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel.” Fandango says theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes. Looks like Lionsgate has a humongous hit on its hands, although the box office could always prove frontloaded because of the advance ticket sales.
'The Hunger Games' Doing 'Twilight' Saga-Big Online Advance Ticket Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Donald Trump Defends "Restrained" Twitter Bashing Of Alec Baldwin & 'SNL' In Person Of Year Interview
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Transformers: The Last Knight’ Trailer Seizes 100M Views Online
- Scaling ‘The Great Wall’: Has Legendary Built A New China-Hollywood Model?
- ‘Office Christmas Party’ Hopes To Bring Cheer To Another Dull Weekend; ‘La La Land’ Tunes Up – Box…
- ‘Prince Of Broadway’ Retrospective Sets August Opening
- ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ Tickets Go On Sale Two Months Before Release; New Trailer Drops
- Warner Bros. Makes 2017 Date Changes To ‘King Arthur’, ‘CHiPS’, ‘Annabelle 2’ & More