BREAKING… Huge online movie ticket seller Fandango Wednesday began advance sales for Lionsgate’s upcoming thriller The Hunger Games. And already it’s exclipsing Twilight Saga: Eclipse as Fandango’s biggest first day advance ticket-seller in its 12-year company history. Hundreds of Hunger showtimes are already sold out for the March 23 opening. Even though the film doesn’t open for another month, the first-day ticket sales yesterday broke the previous first day advance ticket-seller record held by Eclipse on May 14, 2010. “The Hunger Games is off to a fantastic start,” Rick Butler, EVP/General Manager of Fandango said in today’s statement. “Yesterday we saw the biggest first day advance ticketing sales in our company’s nearly 12-year history – which is especially impressive for a March release and a non-sequel.” Fandango says theater owners are continuing to add new showtimes. Looks like Lionsgate has a humongous hit on its hands, although the box office could always prove frontloaded because of the advance ticket sales.
'The Hunger Games' Doing 'Twilight' Saga-Big Online Advance Ticket Sales
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Box Office News
- ‘Jungle Book’ Tide Rises & Drowns ‘Keanu’, ‘Mother’s Day’ & ‘Ratchet & Clank’ – Late Night…
- How A DreamWorks-Illumination Combo Beats Disney At The B.O.
- Tony Committee Calls ‘Shuffle Along’ A New Musical, Setting Up Possible ‘Hamilton’ Showdown
- As Broadway Braces For Tony Races, ‘Shuffle Along’ Gets Key Ruling: Gerard & Roth
- ‘Captain America: Civil War’ Shoots To $38.7M In 2 Days At Offshore Box Office
- Eubie Blake Smiles As Audra McDonald Leads A Constellation Of Stars In ‘Shuffle Along’ – Broadway Review