The Descendants screenwriters Alexander Payne, Nat Faxon, and Jim Rash won the USC Libraries Scripter Award tonight. It honors “the screenwriter/s of the year’s most accomplished cinematic adaptation as well as the author/s of the written work upon which the screenplay is based.” The winners used as source material Kaui Hart Hemmings’ novel The Descendants and her short story “The Minor Wars”. Nominees wrote Moneyball, Jane Eyre, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, and A Dangerous Method. The dinner tonight included Paul Haggis receiving the 2012 USC Scripter Literary Achievement Award.
'Descendants' Scribes Win Scripter Award
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest Awardsline News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race