EXCLUSIVE: Hot off her co-starring turn in the Oscar-winning The Artist, Missi Pyle has joined Fox’s half-hour comedy pilot Prodigy Bully, written by Mike O’Malley and executive produced by John Wells. Based on the Prodigy Bully one-minute movies by Hank Perlman, the Warner Bros/John Wells Prods comedy centers on Audie Murphy, a young boy genius who uses his brains and brawn to get whatever he wants. Pyle will play Celeste, Audie’s intense mother. O’Malley plays the boy’s father. Audie has not been cast, but several other kids in the pilot have: Hayley Holmes is set as Audie’s sister, Jackie; Cody Sullivan will play the entitled Colby, a fellow gifted student at Audie’s new school; and Ysa Penarejo is Heather Kwitkowski-Welch, another gifted student at Audie’s new school and the girl of Audie’s dreams. Pyle, whose TV credits include arcs on Warner Bros TV-produced Two And A Half Men and The Mentalist, next appears in the feature My Uncle Rafael. She is with UTA, McKeon/Myones and attorney Neil Meyer.
'The Artist's Missi Pyle To Co-Star In Fox Comedy Pilot 'Prodigy Bully'
What's Hot on Deadline
Spirit Award Nominations: 'Call Me By Your Name', 'Lady Bird', 'Get Out', 'The Rider', 'Florida Project' Best Pics
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
Latest TV News
- AT&T Shares Slide; Trump Says Time Warner Deal “Not Good For The Country”
- Donald Trump Tacitly Endorses Roy Moore For Alabama Senate: “We Don’t Need A Liberal Person In There”
- ‘LA To Vegas’ & ‘The Resident’ Get Premiere Dates On Fox
- Patrick Melrose: First-Look Image Of Benedict Cumberbatch’s Showtime & Sky Atlantic Drama
- Sky To Spend Over $9BN On Content in ’18; Launches Latest Slate Of Originals
- NBC Developing Space Alien Comedy From ‘Superstore’ Duo