That didn’t take long. Teri Everett left News Corp at the end of last month as Rupert Murdoch’s chief communications officer, and now she has landed at Time Inc as EVP Corporate Communications. Her duties at the Time Warner publishing arm will include media relations and publicity, executive and employee communications, corporate philanthropy, government affairs and social responsibility. She starts March 5 and will report to Time Inc CEO Laura Lang. “One of our priorities is to create a transparent, open dialogue about Time Inc’s goals and strategies both within the company and to our external constituents,” Lang said in the release announcing the move. “Teri’s honest and direct approach and strong track record make her the ideal executive to lead our communications efforts.” Everett’s departure at News Corp came as Murdoch’s empire has taken fire for a phone-hacking scandal at its UK newspaper unit.
Teri Everett Tapped To Head Communications At Time Inc
Trending Now on Deadline
'Dancing With The Stars' Finale Ratings Hit 4-Season High, 'The Voice' Down, 'Flash' & 'Mindy Project' Even
More From Team
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot
- Matt Barr Joins TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot; Katie Sarife In 'The Michelle Knight Story'