That didn’t take long. Teri Everett left News Corp at the end of last month as Rupert Murdoch’s chief communications officer, and now she has landed at Time Inc as EVP Corporate Communications. Her duties at the Time Warner publishing arm will include media relations and publicity, executive and employee communications, corporate philanthropy, government affairs and social responsibility. She starts March 5 and will report to Time Inc CEO Laura Lang. “One of our priorities is to create a transparent, open dialogue about Time Inc’s goals and strategies both within the company and to our external constituents,” Lang said in the release announcing the move. “Teri’s honest and direct approach and strong track record make her the ideal executive to lead our communications efforts.” Everett’s departure at News Corp came as Murdoch’s empire has taken fire for a phone-hacking scandal at its UK newspaper unit.
Teri Everett Tapped To Head Communications At Time Inc
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
More From Team
- 'Kim Jong-un' Targets Christmas Shoppers On SNL's 'Weekend Update'
- Dr. Evil Disses Sony, Kim Jong-un, Many Others In Mike Myers' Surprise 'SNL' Return
- Republicans To Exhibitors: Play 'The Interview'
- 'Orange Is The New Black' Inmates Croon A Zany 'Twelve Days Of Christmas' – Watch
- North Korea Wants To Work With U.S. To Find Hacker; Obama Admin Asks China For Help – UPDATE
- Sony Hack: Guardians Of Peace YouTube Video Jeering FBI Sent To Journalists