That didn’t take long. Teri Everett left News Corp at the end of last month as Rupert Murdoch’s chief communications officer, and now she has landed at Time Inc as EVP Corporate Communications. Her duties at the Time Warner publishing arm will include media relations and publicity, executive and employee communications, corporate philanthropy, government affairs and social responsibility. She starts March 5 and will report to Time Inc CEO Laura Lang. “One of our priorities is to create a transparent, open dialogue about Time Inc’s goals and strategies both within the company and to our external constituents,” Lang said in the release announcing the move. “Teri’s honest and direct approach and strong track record make her the ideal executive to lead our communications efforts.” Everett’s departure at News Corp came as Murdoch’s empire has taken fire for a phone-hacking scandal at its UK newspaper unit.
Teri Everett Tapped To Head Communications At Time Inc
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Fox News Channel Tops Cable Primetime Ratings In Third Quarter
- Alec Baldwin & Kevin Spacey To Star In 'Boss Baby' For DreamWorks Animation; Three Join 'A Monster Calls'
- Tracy Morgan Blasts Walmart After Retailer Blames Him For Not Wearing Seatbelt When Driver Rear-Ended His Limo
- 'Tonight Show' Heading To Phoenix For Post-Super Bowl Broadcast