That didn’t take long. Teri Everett left News Corp at the end of last month as Rupert Murdoch’s chief communications officer, and now she has landed at Time Inc as EVP Corporate Communications. Her duties at the Time Warner publishing arm will include media relations and publicity, executive and employee communications, corporate philanthropy, government affairs and social responsibility. She starts March 5 and will report to Time Inc CEO Laura Lang. “One of our priorities is to create a transparent, open dialogue about Time Inc’s goals and strategies both within the company and to our external constituents,” Lang said in the release announcing the move. “Teri’s honest and direct approach and strong track record make her the ideal executive to lead our communications efforts.” Everett’s departure at News Corp came as Murdoch’s empire has taken fire for a phone-hacking scandal at its UK newspaper unit.
Teri Everett Tapped To Head Communications At Time Inc
Trending Now on Deadline
NBC Cameraman Declared Ebola-Free; Tries To Rescue Nancy Snyderman From Self-Inflicted Career Disaster -- UPDATE
More From Team
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories
- Ken Burns' 'The Roosevelts' Bags Bully Ratings For PBS