TBS has picked up a second new comedy series, Sullivan And Son, starring comedian Steve Byrne and executive produced by Vince Vaughn and Peter Billingsley. The show, which has received 10-episode order for a summer premiere, joins Men At Work, which received a series order last month. For the second series slot, TBS was to choose between two pilots — Sullivan And Son and the Conan O’Brien-produced BFF. The pilots were part of TBS’ return to original half-hour comedies after flirting with hourlong shows for about a year. Written by Byrne and Cheers veteran Rob Long, who serves as executive producer/showrunner, Sullivan And Son is in the vein of the classic NBC comedy and takes place in a legendary neighborhood bar in a working-class Pittsburgh neighborhood. It centers on Steve Sullivan (Byrne), the son of the bar’s current owner (Dan Lauria) and the grandson of its founder who surprises his Irish-American father and Korean-American mother (Jodi Long) when he decides to leave his job as a successful corporate attorney in New York and return to the neighborhood to take over the bar. “Sullivan And Son is a smart, funny workplace comedy from the distinct comedy voices of Steve Byrne and Rob Long,” said TNT and TBS’ head of programming Michael Wright. “The barstools at Sullivan’s bar are filled with outrageous, unique characters, and Steve and Rob have created an outstanding world in which they can shine.” Vaughn’s Wild West Picture Show Prods is producing the series with Warner Horizon Television.
TBS Picks Up 'Sullivan And Son' To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
Latest TV News
- Imagine Entertainment Takes Controlling Interest In Comedy Series Producer Jax Media
- California’s IMDb Age Law Violates First Amendment, Federal Court Rules; SAG-AFTRA “Extremely Disappointed”…
- Donald Trump Signs Memorandum Directing AG Jeff Sessions To “Propose Regulations” Banning Bump Stocks
- Netflix's Sabrina The Teenage Witch Series Casts Miranda Otto As Aunt Zelda
- Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives…
- Disney Channel’s ‘Zombies’ Premiere Beats Friday Olympics In Kid Demos