EXCLUSIVE: The Vampire Diaries alum Taylor Kinney has landed a lead role in the NBC firefighter drama pilot Chicago Fire, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. In the action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Kinney will play adrenaline-junkie Squad Lieutenant Kelly Severide, the leader of the elite firefighters who respond to the most dangerous fires or rescue operations. Kinney, who is getting a lot of media attention at the moment for dating pop star Lady Gaga, joins recently cast Eamonn Walker, who plays the captain of the squad. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote the pilot, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. This marks Kinney’s return to NBC and Universal TV after co-starring in the 2009 medical drama series Trauma. He is with Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
Taylor Kinney To Star In Dick Wolf-Produced NBC Firefighter Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
Samantha Geimer, Victim In Roman Polanski Sex Case, Strongly Defends Him Inside And Outside Of Court
TV & Film Casting Biz Disrupted: Fox's Decision To Drop Breakdown Services For Casting Networks & Its Fallout
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- Alexander Skarsgard Joins ‘The Little Drummer Girl’ Opposite Florence Pugh
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Female Staff Defend Al Franken Amid Sexual Harassment Allegations
- ‘Monday Night Football’ Ratings Up As Falcons Beat Seahawks In Close Game
- How Harvey Weinstein Used NDAs And Personal Bank Accounts To Silence Accusers: Report
- Gayle King, Norah O'Donnell Kick Off ‘CBS This Morning’ With Frank Talk About Charlie Rose
- ‘The Raid’s Gareth Evans Creates Gangland Drama For HBO’s Cinemax & Sky