EXCLUSIVE: The Vampire Diaries alum Taylor Kinney has landed a lead role in the NBC firefighter drama pilot Chicago Fire, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. In the action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Kinney will play adrenaline-junkie Squad Lieutenant Kelly Severide, the leader of the elite firefighters who respond to the most dangerous fires or rescue operations. Kinney, who is getting a lot of media attention at the moment for dating pop star Lady Gaga, joins recently cast Eamonn Walker, who plays the captain of the squad. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote the pilot, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. This marks Kinney’s return to NBC and Universal TV after co-starring in the 2009 medical drama series Trauma. He is with Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
Taylor Kinney To Star In Dick Wolf-Produced NBC Firefighter Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Pretty Little Liars' Series Finale & Aftershow: "A.D." Mystery Solved; Cast Would Say Yes To Reunion - Update
'Hello Again' Trailer: Rumer Willis, T.R. Knight, Martha Plimpton And Audra McDonald In A Rondelay Of Passion
'This Is Us': Alexandra Breckenridge, & Jon Huertas Upped To Series Regulars For Season 2 Of NBC Drama
Latest TV News
- Seth Meyers: Sean Hannity Makes Terrible Donald Trump Wingman
- SAG-AFTRA Members Tout “Solidarity” After Informational Meeting
- Stephen Colbert Fact-Checks Donald Trump Tweet Slamming Washington Post
- CAA Signs Oscar- & Emmy-Winning Writer-Director Aaron Sorkin
- ‘Broadchurch’ Final-Season Review: Olivia Colman & David Tennant Exit With Grace
- SAG-AFTRA Briefs Agents On Contract Talks Amid Strike Threat