EXCLUSIVE: The Vampire Diaries alum Taylor Kinney has landed a lead role in the NBC firefighter drama pilot Chicago Fire, from Wolf Films and Universal TV. In the action-driven drama about the complex and heroic men and women of the Chicago Fire Department, Kinney will play adrenaline-junkie Squad Lieutenant Kelly Severide, the leader of the elite firefighters who respond to the most dangerous fires or rescue operations. Kinney, who is getting a lot of media attention at the moment for dating pop star Lady Gaga, joins recently cast Eamonn Walker, who plays the captain of the squad. Michael Brandt and Derek Haas wrote the pilot, which is being directed by Jeffrey Nachmanoff. Dick Wolf, Brandt, Haas, Peter Jankowski and Danielle Gelber executive produce. This marks Kinney’s return to NBC and Universal TV after co-starring in the 2009 medical drama series Trauma. He is with Gersh and Principal Entertainment.
Taylor Kinney To Star In Dick Wolf-Produced NBC Firefighter Drama Pilot 'Chicago Fire'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
'Quantico': Priyanka Chopra Among 4 Cast Members Returning For Season 3, Michael Seitzman Set As New Showrunner
Latest TV News
- ‘Criminal Minds’ Co-EP Virgil Williams Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
- ‘Power’ Season 4 Review: ‘Fast & Furious’ Sung Kang Brings More Pedal To Metal
- ‘Fresh Off the Boat’ Co-EP Sanjay Shah Inks Overall Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- ‘Still Star-Crossed’ ABC Series Moving To Saturday After 3 Monday Airings
- YouTube CEO Unveils User Numbers, Plans For VR And Live Streaming
- YouTube Red Orders Series Produced By Dwayne Johnson, Dan Harmon & More