Sundance Selects is planning a summer theatrical release for first-time director Alison Klayman’s documentary Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry to correspond with the the famed artist/dissident’s first trip outside China since his detention there. Klayman had unprecedented access to Ai while working as a journalist in the country, and the film trains an eye on contemporary China and one of its most compelling public figures. The documentary won a Sundance Special Jury Prize and most recently appeared in the Berlinale Special lineup in Berlin. The deal was negotiated by Arianna Bocco, SVP Acquisitions & Productions for Sundance Selects/IFC Films with John Sloss and Dana O’Keefe of Cinetic Media and Victoria Cook of Frankfurt Kurnit Klein + Selz on behalf of the filmmakers and United Expression Media.
Sundance Selects Acquires Doc 'Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry'
What's Hot on Deadline
Ellen Pompeo On New 'Grey's Anatomy' Deal, The Show's End Game & Legacy And Her Post-'Grey's' Future - Q&A
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For 'Grey's Anatomy', Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds Producing Duties
Latest Film News
- ‘Jumanji’ Drumbeat Rises To $700M+ At Worldwide Box Office
- Santa Barbara Film Festival Lineup Unveiled
- James Patterson’s Aaron Hernandez Book In Works As Movie In Mark Gordon Co Deal
- ‘Dead Pigs’ First Look: Sundance World Cinema Title A Snapshot Of Modern China
- William Friedkin’s Exorcism Documentary ‘The Devil & Father Amorth’ Acquired By The Orchard For…
- Gina Rodriguez Outfitted To Host Costume Designers Guild Awards; Career Honorees Set