Exclusive: IFC Films has picked up Sundance ’12 Stanley Kubrick doc Room 237. A world premiere in the festival’s New Frontier section, the experimental documentary directed by Rodney Ascher explores the numerous theories about the “real meaning” of Kubrick’s film The Shining. Word has it the film will screen this Spring in the New Directors/New Film series in New York and Cannes is a likely bet to debut the film across the Atlantic. IFC Films will roll out the film later this year via a theatrical/day and date VOD release.
Sundance Kubrick Doc 'Room 237' Lands At IFC Films
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
China Makes Space For ‘The Martian’ As ‘Good Dinosaur’ Snatches Eggs From No. 1 ‘Mockingjay 2’ – Intl B.O. Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Latest Film News
- China Makes Space For 'The Martian' As 'Good Dinosaur' Snatches Eggs From No. 1 'Mockingjay 2' – Intl B.O. Update
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance