Summit Entertainment announced today that it will premiere Alex Cross wide on October 26, 2012, joining Dimension’s Halloween 3D and Fox’s surfing pic Of Men And Mavericks on that date. The adaptation of the James Patterson novel stars Tyler Perry as the detective/psychologist protagonist who meets his match in a serial killer (Matthew Fox) who viciously murders Cross’ wife when Cross thwarts his earlier attempt to commit a murder. The drama becomes a mano a mano battle between cop and the killer who is one of the most memorable villains in Patterson’s novels. Perry’s casting has created quite a stir among the books’ fans, some of whom question whether he has the dramatic chops to pull off a dramatic role like Cross — especially based on his prior work on the comedy side in his Madea movies. Plus, he has to fill the shoes of Morgan Freeman, who played Cross in two previous Patterson adaptations. Rob Cohen directed Alex Cross, and Edward Burns, Rachel Nichols and Jean Reno co-star. Summit nabbed distribution rights to the franchise reboot last year, beating out among other bidders Lionsgate, which has a longstanding relationship with Perry and bought Summit last month.
Summit Sets Release Date For 'Alex Cross'
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert Asks Anderson Cooper How Corey Lewandowski Works For CNN While Still Getting Trump Money
Donald Trump Talks "Tunnel Technology" And Hillary Clinton As "Bigot" In Interview With Anderson Cooper
Latest Film News
- President Obama Makes Virtual Reality Debut In National Parks Video
- Covert Media Launches Lexica Films For Foreign-Language Pics; First Project Is ‘Earthquake’
- Eli Roth Bringing Killer Clowns To Halloween Horror Nights 2016; Digital Genre Anthology Series ‘Dark/Web’ Coming From Felt…
- Sam Mendes In Talks To Develop & Direct Live-Action ‘James And The Giant Peach’
- Demi Moore Ready To ‘Rock That Body’ For Sony Comedy
- Construction Worker Killed On ‘Blade Runner’ Set In Hungary