Summit Entertainment announced today that it will premiere Alex Cross wide on October 26, 2012, joining Dimension’s Halloween 3D and Fox’s surfing pic Of Men And Mavericks on that date. The adaptation of the James Patterson novel stars Tyler Perry as the detective/psychologist protagonist who meets his match in a serial killer (Matthew Fox) who viciously murders Cross’ wife when Cross thwarts his earlier attempt to commit a murder. The drama becomes a mano a mano battle between cop and the killer who is one of the most memorable villains in Patterson’s novels. Perry’s casting has created quite a stir among the books’ fans, some of whom question whether he has the dramatic chops to pull off a dramatic role like Cross — especially based on his prior work on the comedy side in his Madea movies. Plus, he has to fill the shoes of Morgan Freeman, who played Cross in two previous Patterson adaptations. Rob Cohen directed Alex Cross, and Edward Burns, Rachel Nichols and Jean Reno co-star. Summit nabbed distribution rights to the franchise reboot last year, beating out among other bidders Lionsgate, which has a longstanding relationship with Perry and bought Summit last month.
Summit Sets Release Date For 'Alex Cross'
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Venice Film Festival: Edgar Wright, Rebecca Hall, John Landis & More Get Jury Duty
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Is Marvel’s Grand Finale At Hall H Presentation – Comic-Con
- Marvel’s ‘Black Panther’ Leaves A Big Footprint In Hall H – Comic-Con
- ‘Thor: Ragnarok’ Trailer Stomps Into Hall H With Battling Superheroes – Comic-Con
- ‘Captain Marvel’: Samuel L. Jackson Confirmed As Nick Fury & He’ll Look Different in 1990s-Set Pic…