David Garrett is stepping down as president of Summit International following the merger of Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment. Garrett will remain at Summit to assist in the transition. Lionsgate and Summit international divisions will operate as separate entities pending post-merger reorganization of the international executive structure. Lionsgate Film Group Co-Chairmen Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman praised Garrett and said they “fully support his desire to pursue new opportunities.” Garrett has been with Summit since he partnered with Wachsberger and Bob Hayward when they took over Summit Entertainment Group in November 1993.
Summit Intl. President David Garrett Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Transformers: The Last Knight' Running Out Of Gas With $15.6M Opening Day; CinemaScore Dips To B+ - Update
Latest Film News
- 'Trumped: The Musical'?: Ron Howard Hopes Somebody Does It – Cannes Lions
- Ron Howard Talks Han Solo Movie & ‘Star Wars’ Universe – Cannes Lions
- Jay Roth Fete: The Reason You Can’t Get A Hollywood Mogul On The Phone Tonight
- Johnny Depp Jokes About Donald Trump: “When Was The Last Time An Actor Assassinated A President?”
- Peter Bart: Are Fabulous Female Directors Limited By Tired Dude Genres?
- L.A. Film Fest Award Winners: ‘Becks’, ‘The Keeping Hours’ Among Honorees – Complete List