David Garrett is stepping down as president of Summit International following the merger of Lionsgate and Summit Entertainment. Garrett will remain at Summit to assist in the transition. Lionsgate and Summit international divisions will operate as separate entities pending post-merger reorganization of the international executive structure. Lionsgate Film Group Co-Chairmen Patrick Wachsberger and Rob Friedman praised Garrett and said they “fully support his desire to pursue new opportunities.” Garrett has been with Summit since he partnered with Wachsberger and Bob Hayward when they took over Summit Entertainment Group in November 1993.
Summit Intl. President David Garrett Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Latest Film News
- UCLA Diversity Report Downplays Gains Made By Industry’s Women and Minorities
- ‘Logan’ Review: The Marvel Comic Book Movie For People Who Hate Marvel Comic Book Movies
- Simon Kinberg Looking To Direct Next ‘X-Men’?
- Madeline Brewer Joins Rupert Wyatt’s Sci-Fi Thriller ‘Captive State’
- Jennifer Garner In Final Negotiations To Join ‘Simon vs The Homo Sapiens Agenda’
- CAA Signs ‘Patti Cake$’ Star Danielle Macdonald