BREAKING: Warner Bros has set Sullivan Stapleton to star in 300: The Battle of Artemisia, which will be directed by Noam Murro for Warner Bros and Legendary Pictures. He’ll play Themistokles. I’d heard he would play Xerxes, but am told that the actor who originated that role in 300, Rodrigo Santoro is in talks to return to the role in this film. Stapleton was one of the terrific ensemble of Animal Kingdom, and he just completed a supporting role for the studio in Gangster Squad, the Ruben Fleischer-directed period crime film that stars Sean Penn, Ryan Gosling and Josh Brolin. Stapleton, who stars on the Cinemax series Strike Back, is repped by WME. ICM reps Santoro.
Sullivan Stapleton Gets Lead Role In '300' Prequel At Warner Bros And Legendary
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Latest Film News
- Memorial Day B.O. Runs Cold: ‘Tomorrowland’ Is No Flying Car With $41.7M Bow – Monday Update
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash