As craftily built co-productions become increasingly attractive, Studiocanal executive Léonard Glowinski is moving on to launch Paris-based production structuring and financing group 22h22. Glowinski, who started out as a banker for BNP Media in the 90s, spent 10 years at Pathé before joining Studiocanal in 2009 as head of French and European productions. He tells me the new company will bring European backing to international producers on films with substantial budgets in order to best optimize financing and reduce risk. He intends to work with a small number of films from the outset, creating co-production packages that take advantage of the various mechanisms available throughout Europe including subsidies, local incentives and private equity. Films that Glowinski had a hand in structuring at Pathé include Oliver Stone’s Alexander, box office hit Asterix And Obelix At The Olympic Games and Julian Schnabel’s The Diving Bell And The Butterfly which he executive produced. At Studiocanal, he was involved in putting together Liam Neeson-starrer Unknown and Oscar nominee Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy. Glowinski will continue to consult for Studiocanal, where former M6 exec Géraldine Gendre will take over as head of French production, and hang his own shingle on March 1. The company’s moniker, 22h22 (or 10:22pm), is a sentimental one: it’s the exact hour Glowinski proposed to his wife.
Studiocanal's Leonard Glowinski To Launch Film Structuring & Financing Outfit 22h22
What's Hot on Deadline
'Parks & Rec' Mike Schur Says "Everybody Knew About Kevin Spacey"; 'Leftovers' Damon Lindelof Regrets Theroux Jokes
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Justice League' Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $738M Global - International Box Office
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Film News
- ‘Justice League’ Lassos $185.5M Overseas, $281.5M WW; ‘Thor’ Rocks To $738M Global – International…
- 'Roman J. Israel, Esq.' Bows OK; 'Three Billboards' & 'Lady Bird' Extend Robust Runs – Specialty Box Office
- Russell Simmons Accused Of Forcing Sex On Model While Brett Ratner Watched
- ‘Justice League’ Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened – Sunday…
- Harvey Weinstein Drew Up 91-Name List For Investigators To Target: Report
- Little People Played Big Enough At A Guild Screening Of Alexander Payne’s ‘Downsizing’