Striker Entertainment will support Legendary to build a worldwide licensing program for Pacific Rim, the sic-fi adventure directed by Guillermo del Toro. Under the agreement, Striker will potentially handle merchandising for related toys, board and card games, collectibles, publishing categories, apparel and accessories, and consumer electronics. Striker represents other properties including The Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games, Saw, The Walking Dead, Ender’s Game and Angry Birds. Pacific Rim stars Ron Perlman, Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Rinko Kikuchi in a feature about giant robots piloted by humans who are sent to fight off invading aliens. The film is slated for worldwide distribution in 2013 by Legendary’s partner Warner Bros.
Striker To License 'Pacific Rim' For Legendary/Warner Bros.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Captain America: Civil War' Grabs $200.4M In Debut; 'Jungle Book' A Beast, And With 'Zootopia' Disney Has $1.24B From Three Titles - Int'l Box Office Final
'Hamilton' & 'Shuffle Along' Lead Historic Tony Nominations Derby As 'American Psycho', 'Tuck Everlasting' Disappoint
'Captain America: Civil War' To Break Out In The U.S.; Looks To Defeat 'Ultron's $191M+ Debut - Box Office Preview
Latest Film News
- Kevin Dillon & DeRon Horton Planted As Leads In ‘Dirt’
- Arnold Schwarzenegger Is Target In ‘Why We’re Killing Gunther’
- ‘Diary Of An Oxygen Thief’ Sells To S&S Imprint Gallery After Gotham Group Buys Screen Rights
- FilmRise Grabs Global Rights to SXSW Thriller ‘My Father Die’; Kino Lorber’s Sol Y Luna Acquires ‘Lucha Mexico…
- ‘A Bigger Splash’ Review: Sex, Seduction, Rock ‘N’ Roll & Naked Stars – Do We Have…
- Dascha Polanco Lands Female Lead In ‘iCreep’; Ingjerd Egeberg Joins ‘Downsizing’