Striker Entertainment will support Legendary to build a worldwide licensing program for Pacific Rim, the sic-fi adventure directed by Guillermo del Toro. Under the agreement, Striker will potentially handle merchandising for related toys, board and card games, collectibles, publishing categories, apparel and accessories, and consumer electronics. Striker represents other properties including The Twilight Saga, The Hunger Games, Saw, The Walking Dead, Ender’s Game and Angry Birds. Pacific Rim stars Ron Perlman, Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day and Rinko Kikuchi in a feature about giant robots piloted by humans who are sent to fight off invading aliens. The film is slated for worldwide distribution in 2013 by Legendary’s partner Warner Bros.
Striker To License 'Pacific Rim' For Legendary/Warner Bros.
What's Hot on Deadline
'Dunkirk' Takes Box Office By Storm With $55.4M No. 1 Spot For $105M+ Global Opening; 'Valerian' $23.5M Start - Int'l Box Office
'Dunkirk' Takes Warner Bros Past $1B; 'Girls Trip' Record Opening For Malcolm D. Lee; Reasons Why 'Valerian' Crashed
Latest Film News
- CCH Pounder Rejoins ‘Avatar’ Team For Sequels
- Dwayne Johnson’s Apple Movie With Siri Dominating The Day
- ‘Captain Marvel,’ ‘Island Plaza’ & ‘Midway’ Among Films Awarded CA Tax Credits
- ‘Moonlight’ Helmer Barry Jenkins Set As Keynote Speaker At SXSW 2018
- Hasbro Shares Hit After Hollywood-Related Toy Sales Disappoint In Q2 Report
- Venice Critics’ Week Lineup Revealed; UK Debut ‘Pin Cushion’ To Open Section