EXCLUSIVE: Stephanie Langhoff has been tapped to run Duplass Brothers Productions, the shingle founded by filmmaking pair Jay and Mark Duplass. The three plan to produce films ranging from microbudget indies to studio features that the brothers and other filmmakers will write and produce, as well as a number of television projects in the works. The brothers and Langhoff’s recent projects include Safety Not Guaranteed, which they produced with Big Beach Films and premiered at last month’s Sundance Film Festival, where it sold to FilmDistrict; The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, which will debut at SXSW in March; and Jeff Who Lives At Home with Jason Segel, Ed Helms and Susan Sarandon, which Paramount Vantage will open March 16th. Langhoff started as an assistant to Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas at Revolution Studios. As an executive, she was a producer on the feature Perfect Stranger. The Duplasses wrote, produced and directed their first feature The Puffy Chair in 2005, which debuted at Sundance and sold to Roadside Attractions, followed by Baghead in 2008 (Sony Classics) and 2010’s Fox Searchlight feature Cyrus with John C Reilly, Jonah Hill and Marisa Tomei.
Stephanie Langhoff To Spearhead Duplass Brothers Productions
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Brooks
- Radius-TWC Surprises With 'The One I Love,' Providing Theatrical, VOD Box Office
- Specialty B.O. Preview: 'Love Is Strange', 'Are You Here', 'To Be Takei', 'Winter In The Blood', 'The Olivia Experiment'…
- 'The Trip To Italy' Favoloso In Specialty Box Office Debut
- Specialty Box Office Preview: 'The Trip To Italy', 'Frank', 'Jealousy', 'Life After Beth', 'Fort McCoy'
- James Cameron's 'Deepsea Challenge 3D' Can't Surface An Audience In Specialty Box Office Debut