EXCLUSIVE: Stephanie Langhoff has been tapped to run Duplass Brothers Productions, the shingle founded by filmmaking pair Jay and Mark Duplass. The three plan to produce films ranging from microbudget indies to studio features that the brothers and other filmmakers will write and produce, as well as a number of television projects in the works. The brothers and Langhoff’s recent projects include Safety Not Guaranteed, which they produced with Big Beach Films and premiered at last month’s Sundance Film Festival, where it sold to FilmDistrict; The Do-Deca-Pentathlon, which will debut at SXSW in March; and Jeff Who Lives At Home with Jason Segel, Ed Helms and Susan Sarandon, which Paramount Vantage will open March 16th. Langhoff started as an assistant to Elaine Goldsmith-Thomas at Revolution Studios. As an executive, she was a producer on the feature Perfect Stranger. The Duplasses wrote, produced and directed their first feature The Puffy Chair in 2005, which debuted at Sundance and sold to Roadside Attractions, followed by Baghead in 2008 (Sony Classics) and 2010’s Fox Searchlight feature Cyrus with John C Reilly, Jonah Hill and Marisa Tomei.
Stephanie Langhoff To Spearhead Duplass Brothers Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest Film News
- Ryan Reynolds’ Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is ‘Clue’ With ‘Deadpool’ Scribes Reese…
- NEON Snags Rights To ‘Monsters And Men’ At Sundance
- 'Come Sunday' Director Joshua Marston On His Subject Having Faith In Him – Sundance Studio
- ‘The Rose’ Broadway Musical In The Works From The Jackal Group
- ‘White Fang’ Star Nick Offerman Enthuses Over Pic’s “Important” Environmental Message…
- Jack Henry Robbins Continues Exploration Of VHS Format With ‘Painting With Joan’ — Sundance Studio