EXCLUSIVE: Stark Sands will play Troy Nelson, a young soldier on leave, in the Coen brothers’ new film Inside Llewyn Davis. Sands joins Oscar Isaac, Justin Timberlake, Carey Mulligan and John Goodman in the film, set in the burgeoning folk scene in 1961’s Greenwich Village. His character is a forlorn but talented musician. Most recently, Sands appeared in the Broadway adaptation of Green Day’s American Idiot. Film credits include the independent comedy Die, Mommie, Die, Clint Eastwood’s Flags Of Our Fathers, Marcos Siega’s Pretty Persuasion and the romantic comedy Shall We Dance. Sands will appear in the new CBS series NYC 22, produced by Robert De Niro, this spring. He is represented by ICM and Management 360.
Stark Sands Cast In Coen Brothers' 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Currently Stumbling With $97M+ Opening: Are 'Wonder' & 'Thor' Cutting Into Business?
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Jeffrey Tambor Accused By 'Transparent' Actress Of Sexual Harassment; Actor Admits "Flaws," Says "Misinterpreted"
Latest Film News
- Vice Forms All-Female Advisory In Wake Of Exec’s Conduct Suspension
- AT&T-Time Warner Merger Antitrust Review Casting Pall Over Fox Talks
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- Douglas Booth In Talks To Play Nikki Sixx In Motley Crue Biopic ‘The Dirt’
- New Regency Lands ‘The Skies Belong To Us’ Based On Story Of Historic Hijacking