EXCLUSIVE: Sony Pictures set Larry Brenner to write a draft of Angelology, based on the Danielle Trussoni novel. Will Smith and James Lassiter’s Overbrook Entertainment and Marc Forster’s Apparatus is producing. Brenner wrote Bethlehem, a script that made the most recent Black List. Sony paid $1 million for the rights to the novel in 2009. Angelology revolves around a 23-year old nun who teams with an angelologist to thwart a group that tries to destroy mankind by harnessing the destructive powers of a race of angel/human hybrids. The scribe’s repped by CAA and Magnet Management.
Sony's 'Angelology' Gets Black List Scribe
What's Hot on Deadline
'Latin Lover' Gets More Love Thursday Night Than Emma Watson-Tom Hanks Thriller 'The Circle' - Box Office
M Night Shyamalan Unveils 'Glass': 'Unbreakable' & 'Split' Sequel To Star Bruce Willis, Samuel L Jackson, James McAvoy
Bravo Unveils Unscripted Slate With 6 New & 18 Returning Series; More 'Real Housewives' & 'Vanderpump Rules'
Latest Film News
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol 2’ Rockets To $22.3M Through Thursday – International Box Office
- How ‘Real Rocky’ Chuck Wepner Survived Ring Beatings And 14 Year Biopic Ordeal
- ‘A Star Is Born’ Adds Rafi Gavron & Michael Harney
- Mister Smith Boards Dionne Warwick Doc ‘Don’t Make Me Over’ — Cannes
- Director Jim Sheridan’s Next: ‘H-Block’ Coming Together With Cillian Murphy, Jamie Dornan, Pierce Brosnan
- Rami Malek On The Run In 'Buster's Mal Heart'; Noomi Rapace Kidnapped In 'Rupture' – Specialty B.O. Preview