The high-profile documentary directed by Oscar-nominated filmmaker Amy Berg (Deliver Us From Evil) debuted at the recent Sundance Film Festival. Fran Walsh and Peter Jackson produced the film with first-time producers Damien Echols (a subject of the film) and Lorri Davis. West Of Memphis centers on the new investigation surrounding the the 1993 murders of three 8-year-old boys in the town of West Memphis, Ark., that ultimately broke the case open and led to the release of the so-called West Memphis 3 — Echols, Jason Baldwin and Jessie Misskelley Jr. The film examines the flawed police investigation and reveals personal insight into Echols’ fight to save his own life from Death Row. SPC negotiated the deal with Jackson and Walsh’s manager, Ken Kamins, who also serves as the film’s executive producer. Sony Pictures Classics has previously worked with Kamins on John Boorman’s The General.
Sony Classics Takes Worldwide Rights to 'West Of Memphis'
What's Hot on Deadline
'Blade Runner' Nears $100M Offshore, Has Soft Korea Open; 'Kingsman' Closes In On $200M - International Box Office
'Saturday Night Live' Ratings Rise To Season Highs With Host Kumail Nanjiani, Donald Trump & Harvey Weinstein Skits
Latest Film News
- ‘It Happened In L.A.’: The Orchard Unveils Trailer & Release Date For Michelle Morgan’s Dating Comedy
- ‘What Haunts Us’ Trailer: Complicit Silence About Sexual Predator Burdens Town In Timely Docu
- ‘Only The Brave’ Review: Josh Brolin Leads Powerful Story Of Granite Mountain Hotshots
- CSA Announces Open Casting Call For Transgender Actors
- Netflix Reports 5.3 Million New Global Subscribers In Q3 After Stock Sets Record
- Producers Guild Board Votes Unanimously To Expel Harvey Weinsteino